Pokemon X & Y update 1.3 is out.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Loversan, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Loversan
    OP

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    A new update for pokemon X & Y is online. I tried to use online communication and I was redirected to the eshop.

The update needs 320 blocks and it says it fixes anomalies and makes the gamplay more entertaining (something like that, my eshop is in Spanish).

IMG_20141028_221801236_HDR.jpg

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I have to wonder what it alters. I haven't noticed any gameplay differences yet. With only 320 blocks (which is roughly 30mb if I remember block sizes correctly) and it incorporating the previous updates, I can't imagine that being enough space to change much in noticeable gameplay.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Maybe just some fixes to online net code or something. Something that needed done, but will go largely unnoticed.

4. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    I'm actually curious to what they actually fixed

5. LeonardoGrecchi

LeonardoGrecchi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2012
    From what I've gathered, there were two minor bugs:
    - Vivillon sprite didn't show correctly in Friend Safari list (now it does)
    - Different pok├ęball animations weren't showing when it was the first ball thrown in a battle (also fixed)

6. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I can also confirm that hackmons (pokemon with illegal genders/movesets/abilities or other things that also prevent them from being using on Battlespot or being traded on WiFi) can no longer be used in battles on the passerby system. So this effectively bans hacked pokemon from all forms of online battling except for local trade/battles. This includes double and multi-battles and also includes battling with friends. Of coarse local trade/battling of hackmons still works via inferred link. This also means that the two unreleased pokemon Hoopa, and Valcanion can't be used online anymore. I don't know about mega Latios/Latias, But I have to assume those can't be used either.

A couple prominent YouTubers like SleepyJirachi and HoodlumScrafty also confirmed this along with myself as I have a female Meowstic with Prankster that it wouldn't let me use. :P

(I only made it female because I didn't like the male design. I still have legit male ones I can use in her place though)

Huntereb likes this.
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks. Quick I will be downloading that now before Ninti brings out a new update and changes the key! :)

8. Finishoff

Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2009
    United States
  9. HipsterHoundour

HipsterHoundour Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    Does anyone know if the trade cloning glitch was fixed as well?