Gaming Pokemon X Y save file question

crimson089

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi... I recently traded one of my 3ds games for a retail copy of Pokemon Y, and now Im playing it with used codes. I'd like to restart the game and start playing on my own however I've heard about save files being corrupted for this Pokemon X and Y, digital and retail. Of course I don't want to invest 200 hours then just having the save file get corrupted.

So is it true that there is really No way to backup the save file for this game? for a retail copy in particular? If there's really none, besides saving on full battery, are there any in-game instances that I can avoid so my save file won't get corrupted like Lumiose city, bad egg, online trading, etc? Lastly, are there any players out there who are kind enough to trade and keep some of these pokemons so I can get them back after I restart the game? Thanks!

excalibrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an answer for this? I recently lost a bag that had most of my 3ds cartridges in them. Is there anyway to restore the game. I know there was some sort of online save thing, or at least I thought there was.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there is no way to backup XY saves. As with all game cartridges, there is always a possibility for save data to be corrupted, but as long as you use the game normally there shouldn't be any more risk than with any other game, and after the 1.2 update there aren't any more game breaking bugs like the Lumiose City bug.

Anyone have an answer for this? I recently lost a bag that had most of my 3ds cartridges in them. Is there anyway to restore the game. I know there was some sort of online save thing, or at least I thought there was.
There's the Save Data Transfer Tool, but it only transfers save data from a cartridge to a digital copy, so if you lost the cartridges then the data was gone with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1