Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I want answers, and maybe I should have looked into it before starting to play earlier today on a friend's DS. I started playing Pokemon Y on a friend's 3DS, and I got to the first gym (Haven't beaten it yet, but this was still pretty far for an hour or so). I was pretty sure I had already read this somewhere before, but if I plug Pokemon Y into my Emunand after saving on a normal console, will it yell at me about a corrupted save file even on the newest version of Gateway's Emunand?

Pretty much just a yes or no answer: Yes, it will say it's corrupted, or no, it won't. I can't test this until tomorrow because I'm away from my house and purchased the game while I was out.

Thanks!

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that trying to go from playing on EmuNAND to sysNAND will cause broken saves, I'm not sure if the reverse is true, but I would expect a corrupted save just to not be dissapointed lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer on this. Like abcdfv noted, going the other way will corrupt saves, so I assume regular NAND saves and emuNAND saves are simply incompatible altogether.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be corrupted. I'm not sure if it will be fixed in 2.0 final, but maybe if the rom dumping feature also dumps the save it can be possible to transfer it.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'll be corrupted. I'm not sure if it will be fixed in 2.0 final, but maybe if the rom dumping feature also dumps the save it can be possible to transfer it.

- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Nand based titles compatibility
- New real time save system

sounds like they did a lot of work updating the save method. you would think they would look into the 6.x+ save issue while doing that stuff. my fingers are cross for the best. maybe someone whos been in touch with the team can send an email to find out if they fixed the issue.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Nand based titles compatibility
- New real time save system

sounds like they did a lot of work updating the save method. you would think they would look into the 6.x+ save issue while doing that stuff. my fingers are cross for the best. maybe someone whos been in touch with the team can send an email to find out if they fixed the issue.

This mean Pokemon roms will work with 2.0 final? And if you have an actual copy of pokemon it is based on the system version or gateway version? Basically if you start with emunand and don't update system version your data will be okay right?

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This mean Pokemon roms will work with 2.0 final? And if you have an actual copy of pokemon it is based on the system version or gateway version? Basically if you start with emunand and don't update system version your data will be okay right?

the roms should work and save. online wont work yet but they said that's on the to do list.

retail carts that have the save game issue will hopefully work right with the final version.(hopefully someone emails them to ask) I don't know for sure but considering they mention proper emunand compatibility with the latest firmware and redid the save method it sounds like they might have fixed it in the process. fingers crossed.

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I ended up restarting the game on emunand, and it works fine only on there. Maybe they'll fix it in the future and make it so it will also un-corrupt my current save. Fingers crossed!

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope, they can't and they will not. Not only i mentioned several times, why. Just search the forum. It's a smart trick from Nintendo which is unfixable without decapping the SoC (and even if the SoC is decapped, there is no guarantee, that the key can be dumped).

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
A bit harsh sounding, but it's fine with me for now. Once I beat this game I'll be done with it anyway. The online features are a bit meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s