Pokemon X/Y retail cart with Gateway 2.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by spinner09, Dec 3, 2013.

1. spinner09
    OP

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I've read conflicting stories of this on the forums. Some people say it works, some people say it doesn't.

Is it possible to use my retail Pokemon X/Y cart with a Gateway 2.0 through EmuNAND?
    I've already used the Pokemon cart on a friends 3DS, so it has save data on it. If this is not possible, then would it work if I wipe the data off the cart (I can use my friends vanilla 6.1 3DS to do this, if needed). How do I do that?

Thank you.

2. damysteryman

damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Oct 4, 2007
    Well, I have not tried myself, but apparently it can work, but you WILL have to wipe your savedata and recreate it on while running from emuNAND, and it will only be compatible with emuNAND, not on any ordinary 3DS systems.

When you get to the "save is corrupted, please check manual" message, for pokemon, you press a button combo as specified in its manual and it will ask to erase the save. I think the combo is B+X+Dpad-UP IIRC.

3. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    When I did backup nand it didn't erase it. But I forgot mayby a step.
    The card was still asking for update. I don't want to try anymore if it clears your data.
    Besides I got another 3ds anyway.

4. JonnyMohawk

JonnyMohawk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States
    If you have a previous save on the card it will not work with gateways classic mode.

You can (if you are willing to do so) erase the save and play the game on your gateway 3DS, note that they don't appear to be compatible.

For the time being you will have to choose one device and stick to it.

5. Pierpy89

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    All the online features works on the emuNand with the retail cart?

6. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    I deleted the save through the game, but I still get the corrupted data error?

7. Crimsonflare

Crimsonflare Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Brazil
    Juiz de Fora
    Can anyone try this?
    Deleting the saves ingame will make the retail card work in emunand?