Pokemon X/Y cartridge for mt-card 1.1 update classic mode??

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rickwa93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. rickwa93
    OP

rickwa93 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Since there is a classic mode option (which is meant for official cartridges for higher firmwares meant for the nand-emulate)
    Would it still work for an official cartridge for pokemon X/Y?
    or no?
    I have a lot of friends who have the X/Y but I have the MT-Card (and got the nand-emulate working!! thanks cyan for the help!)
    And was just curious if that would work, because I know it definitely will not work for a rom version of it yet...that's one of their goals but I don't know if they mean in general for both rom and cartridge for pokemon x/y and animal crossing or just the rom version of it?

and also for nand-emulate for the eshop, I have mario and luigi dream team and mario kart 7 as a couple of the many games I have on my micro-sd card and it says there is an update available for it and to turn on the internet to update it when the game starts?
    I'm not sure whether to do it or not
    most likely the answer is going to be no, don't do it through the rom version of it, but if you want to play the game then update it through the actual cartridge...just taking a guess on the answer to my 2nd question, lol

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Even if you use the ROM you can download the update (unless the MT-card specifically breaks stuff, but I really doubt it). The updates are just files that get downloaded from the eShop, much like games. You need eShop access for this, so obviously it'll be emuNAND only.

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Yes, I'm using Pokemon Y on MT-Card version 1.1 right now.

4. rickwa93
    OP

rickwa93 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    thanks for the responses!! :)

5. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Just remember it won't work unless you havent started a save for it. So don't go trying out your friends cartridges.

6. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Ok let me ask this odd question you said your using pokemon on my card 1.1 do you mean the official cart in emunand classic mode or do you mean a ROM on the my card?

7. rickwa93
    OP

rickwa93 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    and also on classic mode, would I be able to play against friends online and such for pokemon x/y

8. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

official cart