Pokemon x y asks for update before I first launch the game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Herobroski, May 1, 2014.

1. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I know that updating in classic mode, on eShop or on sysnand will update my sysnand. I pressed pokemon x for the first time (using a gateway), it asked me to update its version. So I clicked yesm and it put me at eShop asking again if I wanted to truy update the version of pokemonx from 1.1 to 1.2. I think its wanting mw update thw version of the game, but not the sysnand. I'm still unsure about this so I am asking here just in case.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    If your worried go into eshop and download the Pokemon 1.2 update, make sure you are on 7.1 emunand first though

3. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    So the update of pokemon X to version 1.2 will NOT update my sysnand?

4. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Hey man!

No it will not update the sysnand. Just make sure your emuNAND is up to date. I did not let the game automatically update it though. I then went into the eShop myself and downloaded the patch, just to be sure.

5. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    I did this as well and can confirm that it only updated the version of the patch itself and NOT the sysNAND. However, my version of Pokémon Y is an eShop version, and it was obtained legitimately (via their promotion back in March).

6. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    What I did was went into gateway mode, downloaded the update from eShop then booted classic mode.

7. dudephanith

dudephanith Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2011