Mylink5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello! I am new to the 3DS and I would like to play Pokemon, as a long time fan! But my question is if it is worth it playing X or Y now that Alpha and Omega are coming out. Should I wait or should I invest some time on the X and Y titles?

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon X and Y are great games, First in full 3D, some good new Pokemon, trainer customisation and loads of other cool stuff including Mega evolution. Omega and Alpha have the nostalgia factor and will also probably be good games (though I couldn't stand Hoenn, too much water).

Don't underestimate X and Y both of them are really great.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
You will be able to indeed my friend. Though there is certain exceptions. You won't be able to transfer stuff from Omega and alpha to X and Y which didn't exist in the latter.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK, it seems I got in the Pokemon hype and I will play Pokemon X xD My question is, how will I be able to transfer my Pokemons from X/Y to Alpha/Omega?
X/Y and OR/AS are cross compatible online, so anyone with any of those games can connect with eachother. If you only have 1 3DS you could pay for Pokebank or do it the free way and trade it to a friend (or borrow a friend's 3DS) so they can trade it back to you on the other game.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
the real question is do you like pokemon games? which is yes! get one of each versions.

No! The real question is when are the new games going to leak...
2HP3ra7.gif

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear not for Prime is here to help you dear friend!

Transfering pokemon is alot easier now than in the past, for just 5 dollars a year you can download "Pokemon Bank" It allows you to store pokemon online from Black/White, X / Y, and Oras aka Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire. If after a year you do not want to pay it any more all your pokemon stay safe you just can't place or take them till you pay anther 5 bucks. But hey a year for 5 bucks isn't to bad. The real down side of this is Items can not go into the pokemon Bank. Meaning no Mega stones or other useful items can be held by pokemon to carry into anther game.

As for X/Y and Oras....

X / Y

I have been playing since Gen 1 and with Gen 5 - B/W the only one i never played through fully I found X/Y to be great! It doesn't feel as long as some of the past pokemon games. But its still a very good game i'll try to list some of the good and the bad for you.

First off is the ability to change cloths! You can buy cloths in X/Y and even have the option of 3 hair styles and eye color.
The games in 3D! This could have been a hit or miss changing the graphics of the game from sprites, but to me it went great! The game looks good and the pokemon look wonderful to me. But please note by 3D I don't mean 3D with the glasses and popping out. I just mean the game is not 2D any more. Just exploring the pokemon world in the new graphics its in is almost like starting over for the first time, it feels so new and different, atleast to me lol.

And than there are the easy buttons, in X/Y you have a power called O-Power you can unlock and level up. This can do things from increasing stats in battle but only for short time, To helping you hatch eggs faster or gain more exp. While this is something that is in no way needed I think its ment more of for little kids as the game is far more easy than past pokemon games to me, that or maybe we are just all to good at these games now? ahahaha.

Depending how long it has been since your last Pokemon game, you will probably find alot more new things to love about this game as its really been changing and evolving over the years.

The only issues I had with X/Y is that the game is not in full 3Dness, the only 3D effects are in 1 on 1 battles or in most caves you go in which is such a shame as several of the caves you go into are just breathtaking.

Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

The game is not out yet, so its hard to say just what all this game will have and even if it will be better than X/Y. Right now there is just a lil bit of leaked info and a mother load of hype that I to am apart of..

If you did not know it before you do now, Oras is a remake of the Gen3 game, only updated with all the new features of today's modern pokemon games.

What we do know so far is the main story will probably be longer than the original, there will be one part where you go back in time, and anther where a meteor is going to crash down into the planet. The first involved Groudon and kyogre the other with the meteor will involve deoxys and rayquaza.

Sadly the option to change your character's clothing does not seem to be present in this game, but unlike the original Gen3 game the day and night option is back now atleast.

If you look back at past pokemon remakes, they just really know how to do a remake and that is really saying alot considering how bad remakes always go. So I am expecting this game to be very good given how well the past remakes went.

While its unclear how hard this game will be, there will be far more legendary pokemon in Oras than X/Y which had very few. They packed Oras full of legendary's from past games, not sure why but if they are your thing than Oras is a good choice for you! And like it was said before, Gen 3's region is a water one, you'll find your self traveling in it alot. Where as Gen 6 not so much...

There is more info I could give, but I don't want to keep typing away and have this topic closed by the time im done lol.

Its a really tough choice picking between the two, I think X/Y will be far far short compaired to Oras given its new addon's so X/Y might be the way to go for you. It'll also be a great new experience for you to I think.

And if you have a blast in X/Y I would suggest you get Oras after :yaynds:

Mylink5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Fear not for Prime is here to help you dear friend!

Transfering pokemon is alot easier now than in the past, for just 5 dollars a year you can download "Pokemon Bank" It allows you to store pokemon online from Black/White, X / Y, and Oras aka Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire. If after a year you do not want to pay it any more all your pokemon stay safe you just can't place or take them till you pay anther 5 bucks. But hey a year for 5 bucks isn't to bad. The real down side of this is Items can not go into the pokemon Bank. Meaning no Mega stones or other useful items can be held by pokemon to carry into anther game.

As for X/Y and Oras....

X / Y

I have been playing since Gen 1 and with Gen 5 - B/W the only one i never played through fully I found X/Y to be great! It doesn't feel as long as some of the past pokemon games. But its still a very good game i'll try to list some of the good and the bad for you.

First off is the ability to change cloths! You can buy cloths in X/Y and even have the option of 3 hair styles and eye color.
The games in 3D! This could have been a hit or miss changing the graphics of the game from pixels, but to me it went great! The game looks good and the pokemon look wonderful to me. But please note by 3D I don't mean 3D with the glasses and popping out. I just mean the game is not 2D any more. Just exploring the pokemon world in the new graphics its in is almost like starting over for the first time, it feels so new and different, atleast to me lol.

And than there are the easy buttons, in X/Y you have a power called O-Power you can unlock and level up. This can do things from increasing stats in battle but only for short time, To helping you hatch eggs faster or game more exp. While this is something that is in no way needed I think its ment more of for little kids as the game is far more easy than past pokemon games to me, that or maybe we are just all to good at these games now? ahahaha.

Depending how long it has been since your last Pokemon game, you will probably find alot more new things to love about this game as its really been changing and evolving over the years.

The only issues I had with X/Y is that the game is not in full 3Dness, the only 3D effects are in 1 on 1 battles or in most caves you go in which is such a shame as several of the caves you go into are just breathtaking.

Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

The game is not out yet, so its hard to say just what all this game will have and even if it will be better than X/Y. Right now there is just a lil bit of leaked info and a mother load of hype that I to am apart of..

If you did not know it before you do now, Oras is a remake of the Gen3 game, only updated with all the new features of today's modern pokemon games.

What we do know so far is the main story will probably be longer than the original, there will be one part where you go back in time, and anther where a meteor is going to crash down into the planet. The first involved Groudon and kyogre the other with the meteor will involve deoxys and rayquaza.

Sadly the option to change your character's clothing does not seem to be present in this game, but unlike the original Gen3 game the day and night option is back now atleast.

If you look back at past pokemon remakes, they just really know how to do a remake and that is really saying alot considering how bad remakes always go. So I am expecting this game to be very good given how well the past remakes went.

While its unclear how hard this game will be, there will be far more legendary pokemon in Oras than X/Y which had very few. They packed Oras full of legendary's from past games, not sure why but if they are your thing than Oras is a good choice for you! And like it was said before, Gen 3's region is a water one, you'll find your self traveling in it alot. Where as Gen 6 not so much...

There is more info I could give, but I don't want to keep typing away and have this topic closed by the time im done lol.

Its a really tough choice picking between the two, I think X/Y will be far far short compaired to Oras given its new addon's so X/Y might be the way to go for you. It'll also be a great new experience for you to I think.

And if you have a blast in X/Y I would suggest you get Oras after :yaynds:

Wow! Thanks a lot for your answer! It's just what I wanted :D I think I'll play some X/Y first and then I'll dive in into the ORAS! Thanks again! You helped me a lot :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8