Hacking Pokemon X savegame backup

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I'm trying to backup it but it says error. So I'm not sure if it backup it or not.
Well my gamecard was updated to 1.2. That might be the problem.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
gateway only reply to sales questions, i think, right?
to backup your pokemon save you need to dump the whole rom, the save is 'inside' the rom on this game (card 2 game)

the game card does not get updated, the update you downloaded is simply on the sd card, forget about it :)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You suck at giving information :)

Tell us what you did, what you did it with, what was the outcome, any errors, etc. Come on, man! We're not psychic.

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gateway only reply to sales questions, i think, right?
to backup your pokemon save you need to dump the whole rom, the save is 'inside' the rom on this game (card 2 game)

the game card does not get updated, the update you downloaded is simply on the sd card, forget about it :)
I see so I need a downloaded version of it first?
You suck at giving information :)

Tell us what you did, what you did it with, what was the outcome, any errors, etc. Come on, man! We're not psychic.
Sorry what? I said I want to backup the savegame and it says error what more information do you want..
So I am on Gateway emunand 2.2.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I see so I need a downloaded version of it first?

Sorry what? I said I want to backup the savegame and it says error what more information do you want..

no, when you dump the full rom inside the rom it will be your savegame, if you download a rom it will have their own save...

because technical stuff i even dont know how to explain or exactly how it works, the save is inside the .3ds file its not a separated .sav

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no, when you dump the full rom inside the rom it will be your savegame, if you download a rom it will have their own save...

because technical stuff i even dont know how to explain or exactly how it works, the save is inside the .3ds file its not a separated .sav
Oh ok I was going to use this save on my card anyway.
But if your backup your gamecard won't you lose everything? That is why you got the savegame backup function.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh ok I was going to use this save on my card anyway.
But if your backup your gamecard won't you lose everything? That is why you got the savegame backup function.
most games don't have the save stored in the 'rom' (game data)
so the save backup function would be fine

but with pokemon, this is not the case, the save is not normal, so you need to backup the whole game rom, and use a tool to take the save out of that data.

backing up only makes a copy, i have backed up my pokemon game, took my save from of it, and of course, my save data on my pokemon card is still fine :)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I had this thread up before anyone responded to the thread, so my response was way late. Sorry about that :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can be unable to use your data from the cart on the rom version......but it will still be there on the cart and work fine

if you have been playing the cart on a properly updated console and not emunand you will be unable to take your save over to gateway, if it has been played in emunand, you can dump the rom and rename to .3dz and then you can continue your game where you left off before dumping.....effectively duplicating your game and save

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Aha yes I used the card on a properly udpated console.
Ye I'll rename from the rom. The saves are stored on the root I guess like the other dumped games?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Aha yes I used the card on a properly udpated console.
Ye I'll rename from the rom. The saves are stored on the root I guess like the other dumped games?
for pokemon, the save is stored inside the rom... :)

ah quest wrote that already, i'm tired :) sorry

thebib62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you only able to backup a retail version of Pokemon X/Y with Gateway?
I own both Gateway and the NDS Adapter Plus. I first tried to backup the retail version of Pokemon X, but the NDS Adapter Plus software seemed to hang once the game was inserted.
I tried another 3DS game which was FireEmblem and that seemed to work fine, and create a backup (SAV) file.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Are you only able to backup a retail version of Pokemon X/Y with Gateway?
I own both Gateway and the NDS Adapter Plus. I first tried to backup the retail version of Pokemon X, but the NDS Adapter Plus software seemed to hang once the game was inserted.
I tried another 3DS game which was FireEmblem and that seemed to work fine, and create a backup (SAV) file.
currently, to get the save from pokemon, we have to dump the whole rom.
i don't think the nds adapter things dump the rom.

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
currently, to get the save from pokemon, we have to dump the whole rom.
i don't think the nds adapter things dump the rom.
So it might be possible to use the save of my card if you backup it first?
If you dump the card it will erase the savegame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: