Pokemon X eshop .sav to rom?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by adragon123, Dec 6, 2014.

1. adragon123
    OP

adragon123 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2014
    United States
    I have a friend who had a problem doing a system transfer. He had a save on his eshop version of pokemon x and when he tried playing it later on, it showed a corrupt save file. Fortunately, he had a backup of his SD card and was able to get a .sav file from his pokemon x. Is there anyway I can inject the save into a pokemon x rom?

2. Stallion_Prime

Stallion_Prime Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    Did it work?

3. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Savedatafiler.

EDIT: Actually, will this save (which I'm assuming came straight from the Nintendo 3DS folder on the card) run on either of his 3DSes? If it comes up on either, that's a good sign, but if he's being told it is corrupted, it means the game has been saved with 6.0 encryption. I don't know if you have any options at this point, but what I can tell you is that the only method of decryption involves a Powersaves device and a decryption utility someone wrote. I'm not sure if it will work with the save in its current form, however.

4. adragon123
    OP

adragon123 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2014
    United States
    I was able to get some pokemon out but not all. He had used Keysav to break his save before and i used the key on the corrupted save and was able to extract some pokemon and inject them into my rom. The thing is that there were more pokemon on his save and Keysav didnt get them all.