Flyby'nite... I should sue you for making me snort my milk :P

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the next CoroCoro around the corner, I think it's time to post rumours (wild speculation) that have been going around the net. If it's been posted already, forgive me. :P

This is from Mr.XY, I believe he is the same one who leaked the rumored names and types already posted here -

S6LeUlk.png

Rumour 1 from Mr.X/Y

-Main characters are Jean and Jane; the characters’ appearances are non-customizable

-Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside

-Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered

-A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, s-such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.

-A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon

-Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play

-A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate

-The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS

-Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle

-Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town

-The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them

-Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts

-Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon

-The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present

-In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start

-The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past

-The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon and new evolutions of current Pokémon.

-Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution

-There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail

-Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric.

-The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water.

Rumour 2 - People might be up in arms lately after the "Mr. XY" Leak, but I bring information that will appear in the latest CoroCoro.

Originally Posted by Fat Anonymous (!!cwZ4/FtwSSU)
People might be up in arms lately after the "Mr. XY" Leak, but I bring information that will appear in the latest CoroCoro. It is quite a big issue this time.
---------------------------------------------------------
*Movie News.

The Movie News focuses mainly on Mewtwo, with a sidebar detailing its various appearances, including the original film, Mewtwo Returns, its role in Red and Blue, Pokemon Stadium, and even Smash Brothers Melee. Mewtwo is said to have amnesia within the film, and doesn't remember who Ash is, and considers him an enemy alongside the rest of humanity. Mewtwo engages in a fight with the Red Genesect in order to "free it" from its prison, as it senses its pain from being transformed into a weapon. Mewtwo is said to have obtained a new power, but it is not stated what.

The city within the film is called Neodoll City, and is a high-tech utopia where brilliant minds are said to gather. Ash and Co. travel there in order to attend a conference that Professor Oak invited them to focusing on the bonds between human and Pokemon.

*Sylveon gets a section focused on it, revealing Species and Type.

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn't stated exactly, but it evolves through its "bonds" with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

The Mini-Movie takes place within a park and a group of Eeveelution Sisters. Pikachu and friends help a young Eevee woo the Sylveon sister, while Oshawott and Meowth engage in a "love battle" in order to win over her as well. The Mini-Movie is said to take place directly before the main film in a city park, and Sylveon and the Eeveelutions will apparently cameo within the main film to aid in the big battle.

Originally Posted by Fat Anonymous (!!cwZ4/FtwSSU)
*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fat Anonymous (!!cwZ4/FtwSSU)
*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, "cow-puller", apparently from "kengyuusei", the "Puller of Cow Star". 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a "cowbell" charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, "Coal", same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black "train tracks" lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two "smoke stack" horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, "quick-tempered". Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it's got meaner looking (><) eyes as they're narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It's slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it's able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fat Anonymous (!!cwZ4/FtwSSU)
*Anime News about next saga.

Feature on Sableye, who will be appearing in an upcoming episode. Sableye is apparently a "genius" intellect Pokemon who has been stealing books from the Nacrene Museum in order to read them, causing the Museum to shut down. While attempting to capture it, Sableye nabs Ash's PokeDex...

There will be an upcoming arc focused on the Nature Sanctuary, in which Virgil returns in order to protect a Shiny Haxorus from Team Rocket. A "heroic" Nuzleaf also plays a role, apparently teaming up with Cilan who has become a "Kamen Sommelier!".

That is all.
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11568273[/spoiler]

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for my multi-world adventure. Maybe with X and Y we will get DLC that adds old locations and gyms. It seems that with the ability to add extra content, Ninty's obvious "money is why we don't put all the regions in one game" excuse now has a solution. I just hope this gen isn't full of awful pokemon like the latest few have. Granted, there have been a lot of cool additions, nothing beats gen 1,2, and 3 in originality and fun....or maybe the nostalgia makes me bias :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
We should expect CoroCoro to be leaked anytime now! ^_^ What do you guys think will/want to be revealed in this issue?
  • The female PC's breasts.

• New abilities, and pokemon being dual-ability where both would be inherent to the species.

• Development is faster than planned and it's releasing next week.

• All music is orchestrated or recorded rock guitar, depending on scenery.

• Wild Eevee in route 1.

• All stone and location-based evolutions removed and changed to level/happiness evolutions (for no split like Vulpix), or happiness+time-based evolutions where there's splits (Gloom, Poliwhirl, etc.)

• The return of the ability to Cut grass.

• Flash having the same effect as Unnerve. :creep:

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm still waiting for my multi-world adventure. Maybe with X and Y we will get DLC that adds old locations and gyms. It seems that with the ability to add extra content, Ninty's obvious "money is why we don't put all the regions in one game" excuse now has a solution. I just hope this gen isn't full of awful pokemon like the latest few have. Granted, there have been a lot of cool additions, nothing beats gen 1,2, and 3 in originality and fun....or maybe the nostalgia makes me bias :P
I doubt that they will do that though. Why make an all-in-one when you can milk it later on with a remake or w/e? :P

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that in the trailer for the game when swinging on the vine, the glasses on the character model stay behind (bug that I'm sure will be fixed) proves to me that character customization will indeed be in the game, plus, the trailer showed the character looking in the mirror, this seems significant in that it likely has to do with character customization.

Knowing that, and that Mr. XY says there will be no customization. In my head discredits everything he had to say. Its possible a few of his thoughts may be true, but that pokedex he made is fake, and everything else he stated is just coming from his mind, he clearly knows nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol