Pokemon won't copy onto my microSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shakraka, Jul 24, 2008.

Jul 24, 2008
  1. Shakraka
    OP

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So, for fun, my friend and I decided to use the "Walk Through Anything" cheat on Pokemon Pearl (I use Pokemon Pearl for cheats and fun, but Diamond is my legit one) and then neither Diamond nor Pearl load up on my R4 (v1.18) anymore.
    So now, I deleted Diamond and Pearl, but whenever I try to put Diamond and Pearl on the microSD, it gives me an error saying "Cannot Copy 1015/1016 - Diamond/Pearl (U): The path is too deep."

Is there any way I can fix this without having to reformat? I really don't want to put 33 games on it again, and that would be the 2nd time I've reformatted my card. (I heard that if you reformat your microSD too many times, it might break)

Thanks for any help given.

2. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    The path is too deep? Weird. You should reformat. I think it's if you reformat too many times too fast (i'd say the most you'd ever want to format-only when need- would be about once every 2 1/2 months)

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    This is incorrect. Flash memory can only be written so many times, but the number of writes is quite high (100,000 to 1,000,000 for NAND flash memory IIRC), and formatting shouldn't cause too many writes to any particular part of the memory anyway.

If you keep having problems with the memory card you may have a bad card reader. Get a good one from DealExtreme.com. It's well worth the $3.

4. Shakraka
    OP

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to say I already did the error-checking, but nothing popped up. I guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and reformat... Thanks for the help guys.