Misc Pokemon Wi-fi World Domination Project

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been doing this Project on the Pokemon Wi-fi Trading system I call "Pokemon Wi-Fi World Domination!"

The idea is that you conquer as many trainer locations as possible by trading. When you trade with someone in Ontario, and it gets put on the Globe, you've conquered it! You try to conquer as many places as possible. You can check a pokemon's location by tapping the trainer, and pressing right on the D pad. There are obviously too many places to get complete world domination, but it's actually quite fun to try and get lots of places. I've conquered 81 places so far, and hope to at least get to an even 100. If you're sick of playing Pokemon, and you've already "got em all", it might be something you want to try. It's fun!

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
wait explain how you check what world is like completed
cuz i don't really get that one lol

There is a big globe in the GTS building. Go to the front of it and register your location. Once you have done that, you can see the area the Pokemon was traded from. When you trade with someone in Ontario, Canada (for example) A blue dot will appear where Ontario is located on the globe. You can press (A) to zoom in.

To check a Pokemon's Location, first search for a pokemon. (we'll use Piplup for example) Search for Piplup, and the trainers will appear. Tap on a trainer to see a summery of the Piplup. On this screen, when you press "Right" on the D Pad, you can see where that Pokemon is from. If you already have that Location, don't bother. If it's something new, go for it. Though I'll warn you now that "Afghanistan" isn't as rare as you would think, so don't be frantic when you see one. For a place like "Cook Islands", do everything you can to get it. Cook Islands is rare, and is in the middle of nowhere. It's so small, that it's just shown as in the middle of the water on the globe.

QUOTEsweet idea, i'ma do it now. my first time ever using gts i connected with someone in australia...

If you have Rare Candy cheats, don't feel ashamed to use them, since everyone on GTS is a complete moron, asking for things like level 100 espeon.

For those wishing to do this project too, here is a list of common things people want.

Chimchar (any)
Monferno Lv 30+
Turtwig (any)
Grotle lv 30+
Aipom
Vespiqueen
Yanma
Donphan
Milotic
Miltank
Lucario
Ursuring
Munchlax
Bastidon
Misdrevus/Mismagus
Electrive
Magmortar
Glameow
Drifblim
Garchomp
Salamence
Dragonair lv 40+ Male
Ditto
Ambipom
Gabite
Sandslash
Exeggute
Vigoroth
Loudred
Murkrow/Honchcrow

And now what the stupid people want

All legendary and event Pokemon at Level 100 (this is completely true)
Any evolved form that doesn't evolve by level 9........ at Level 9 or under (also entirely true)

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is indeed fun. Though one way to suck the fun out of it is to get Palkia and Daigla, and just trade them back and forth, since everyone wants the other legendary. So you trade Palkia for Diagla, then trade the Diagla for Palkia. I did this for a couple hours, and it wrecked it, so I traded both of them off. Those two are what I call the Trump Cards. Save them for really strange looking places. I've gotten at least 100 different places now. It's hard to get all of the different Hokkaido areas.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! I'm pleased to see people like the idea. It can get exciting sometimes when you have to quickly make three or more trades to get the right guy you need.

And some important advice. Be sure to keep a list of places you've gotten, and update it frequently. New areas will be marked with a blue dot on the globe for a while. Once they turn yellow, it will be hard to find which ones were new if you hadn't already marked them down. Separate them into catagories for easier reading. By that I mean have a category for the USA, a category for Japan, Canada, Germany, Spain, Norway, and etc. I also suggest making an "Other" category, and a "Middle of Nowhere" Category.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
imagine this;

what if a team started a campaign of flooding the online pokemon trading with massively haxed out pokemon constantly for a few weeks.

every trades are completed, they wipe the save getting rid of the average or crappy pokemon and replacing with haxed out ones again.

i think with a similar technique, legit wifi trading in pokemon could be almost completey destroyed.

how amazingly simple, if someone wished to wreck it they have the power to do so.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, well, I guess one could look at it that way. But I must beg you on my hands and knees not to turn this into what I call "A preachy anti-cheating thread" The reason I left DS-play/Nintendo-play was that every thread was turned into this type of thread, and the whole thread was instantly ruined by people arguing about cheating. It was a very unpleasant atmosphere there. I really don't want to be turned away from this forum, since it is probably the most intelligent forum I've been too. (Anime forums are one of the most unintelligent types of forums ever) Do me, and everyone else a large favour and really try to hold the anger of cheating inside yourself.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lol k, nice idea for a bit of fun, if you're still into pokemon (i didn't have the stamina to finish the game).

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'll admit D/P was a hard game to get myself to finish. If you take more than three pokemon with you, you'll never beat the elite 4 unless you get a level 100 guy through trading. (That's really how I beat the game the first time. I got a Lv 100 Lucario in a lucky trade) I beat the game the second time by only taking Empoleon and Pachirisu. Pachirisu is awesome. He is also extremely useful for catching Pokemon due to super fang.

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'll admit D/P was a hard game to get myself to finish. If you take more than three pokemon with you, you'll never beat the elite 4 unless you get a level 100 guy through trading. (That's really how I beat the game the first time. I got a Lv 100 Lucario in a lucky trade) I beat the game the second time by only taking Empoleon and Pachirisu. Pachirisu is awesome. He is also extremely useful for catching Pokemon due to super fang.
LIES O___O;;
i beat e4 under level =D
under the last trainer's level that is ^___^ and it was like my first time too so ya =] you relaly don't need a lvl 100 pokemon at all lol

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I said if you took too many pokemon, you wouldn't beat em. I beat em with my lv 70+ Empoleon and Pachirisu the second time I played the game. The first time I took too many pokemon and trained them evenly, thus resulting in me not being at a high enough level by the time I got to the E4.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know you can beat the elite four if you are at a lower level than them. I guess what I failed to mention was that I was at such a lower level, I couldn't win.

How many pokemon did you have at the elite 4? Maybe I just had bad pokes. But I had 6 pokemon the first time, and all my guys were only around level 46 or so by the time I got there. (that's with fighting everyone) I got clobbered. I guess it might be possible if you took the right guys. I didn't know what the good pokes were the first time, so I had a hard time choosing what to get. I guess I must have taken some bad ones. I really should have taken Pachirisu. Though Pachirisu looks a bit misleading in the strength department because he's cute. One would assume he's pretty lousy. However, Pachirisu is awesome, and is by far the best "new Pikachu" to date. (Minun being a close second) If you have Pachirisu on you're team, you are in good shape throughout the game. Though he is pretty much useless at the elite 4 due to his type. He dosen't do much damage on anything without super fang. (except for the occasional poke)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1