Pokemon White (U) freezes before fight with N (minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by B-Lance, Apr 11, 2011.

1. B-Lance
    OP

Newcomer B-Lance Newbie

Poland
    Same as in title, after beating the elite 4 and entering the team Plasma's Castle, before entering the room with problably N, the game freezes, though sound still goes on. Is there any patch or sth ? I have R4 Woods 1.28. Looked through the forum, yet didn't find anything. If you can, please help =)

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    This happened to me on my Acekard. Do you have any cheats enabled? I believe the shiny cheat and the 100% catch rate cheats seem to make it freeze (At least on my card it did). Try disabling all cheats then running it again.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. B-Lance
    OP

Newcomer B-Lance Newbie

Poland
    Nope, Im playing without cheats. Just a clean Pokemon Black Rom. Yet, i didn't have problems with exp (there was an antipiracy system like that in Black/White, right ?)

4. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    I thought you were playing White? Try patching your ROM and see what happens.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. B-Lance
    OP

Newcomer B-Lance Newbie

Poland
    Sorry for misunderstanding, i've been rushing, because of time. Anyways, my rom is Pokemon Black (E). Yeah, quite a mistake.
    Onto topic. Patching didn't work, still the same problem.

6. ShinyJellicent12

Member ShinyJellicent12 I summon giant clover-shaped meteors in the sky

United States
    Do you get an error message with a blue screen on top? Are you using Pokesav? If so, try to edit some Pokemon to help not freeze the game. The same thing was happening to me, but it turns out that I made a Meloetta instead of a Meowth (XP). If the error message does not pop up, then there may be something wrong with the rom itself. Maybe if you save the .sav file onto your desktop, download a new rom (E), play the new rom for like a minute, and paste the old save on top of the new save. [​IMG]

7. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Get a new ROM. When you put it on your flashcard rename your save file to the ROM file name so you're save will still work (For example if your rom is named PKMNBL.nds you rename your save to PKMNBL.sav [or whatever format the save is in]).

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  8. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    If all else fails format your memory card with the panasonic formatter and add everything back after you made a back up on your computer,sometimes memory cards need a good cleaning...

9. B-Lance
    OP

Newcomer B-Lance Newbie

Poland
    Tried everything (new roms at least 3, changing Menu (diff WoodR4 ver. and YSmenu) im playing a clean game, without cheats, hacks or other third party software) but formatting the SD. Will do it today, thanks for everything.

10. B-Lance
    OP

Newcomer B-Lance Newbie

Poland
    Actually, never thought that SD card can mess up so much. Yet it DID help, after Format the game goes on. Thanks a lot for help =D

11. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    No problem,if you use your memory card alot(adding/removing games)it can mess up games and cause freezes and such,pretty basic stuff but does wonders sometimes...