Pokemon White not connecting to Wiimmfi

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following multiple guides, I simply cannot get Pokemon White to connect to Wiimmfi, WFZwei, nor Kaeru WFC. A few years back I had it working, but I recently wanted to try playing through again (Gen 5 is one of the few I haven't beaten) and after backing up my save with checkpoint, starting a new one and configuring the Wifi settings on my 3DS as multiple guides have stated (Tried with the DNS 178.62.43.212, 172.104.88.237, and 164.132.44.106) and no matter what I get the "Nintendo WFC has been discontinued" error.

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 164.132.44.106 and 178.62.43.212 at least I know should work... Do you maybe have a WEP connection or some other connection it might be picking instead? Maybe try deleing all your Wi-Fi networks and readding just the one?

If you use TWPatch iirc there was a version that was prevented Wi-Fi settings from being updated unless you hold X or something like that so could maybe be that too, I don't think that's the case on the latest TWPatch though.

StrayGuitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 164.132.44.106 and 178.62.43.212 at least I know should work... Do you maybe have a WEP connection or some other connection it might be picking instead? Maybe try deleing all your Wi-Fi networks and readding just the one?

If you use TWPatch iirc there was a version that was prevented Wi-Fi settings from being updated unless you hold X or something like that so could maybe be that too, I don't think that's the case on the latest TWPatch though.
I'll try deleting all the networks and re-adding just one, then edit this with the results.

But, I am using a CFW'd 3DS which tells me to update when I boot it up, and just a regular physical copy of White, in case that gives any further information.

EDIT: Same result.

Last edited by StrayGuitarist,

StrayGuitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried again recently with the Wiimmfi DNS tool on my Mac, to see if my ISP was blocking custom DNS or something, but no such luck. I also tried using my phone's hotspot, to no avail as well. I tried using 95.217.77.181, I tried using the newest RiiConnect24 DNS, I've tried opening a rom of the game in TwilightMenu instead of my cartridge, absolutely nothing works. I had this functioning at one point around 2018 or 2019, and it just won't connect at all anymore, just the "Nintendo WFC has been discontinued" message. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Tried Kaeru, tried pkmnclassic, tried Nitrohax, tried patching my rom, tried every DNS I could possibly find. No luck whatsoever.

Last edited by StrayGuitarist,

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Thanks for that. I had the same problem as you and this tool allowed me to access online on 3DS/2DS, the ndsbootstrap games. I just don't know if it gives you access even to Wiimmifi, it seems to me that it is RiiConnect24 Servers

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: