Homebrew Pokemon White 2 NDS Forwarder "DSi binaries are missing"

TripleZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a CFW 3DS that I'm using to play Pokemon White 2, when I boot up the game (using NDS Forwarder / NDS Bootstrap) it gives me a screen that says "The DSi binaries are missing. Please obtain a clean ROM to replace the current one. Press A to proceed to run in DS mode." but when I press A the game runs fine and I haven't encountered any issues (and I have AP patched it). Is this an issue I should be concerned about? From what I can tell DS Mode is different that DSi mode, but I'm not sure what the difference is or if this would be a problem for me in the long run.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The message means that you have a bad ROM dump, so it can only run in DS mode.
In DS mode, you won't be able to use DSi features, such as better battery level display, faster CPU speed, camera, and/or WPA1/2 network support.

Also, an AP-patched ROM isn't required, as it's done automatically by nds-bootstrap on-the-fly.

Magance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question of my own. I've randomized my Pokemon White ROM and placed it onto my sd card. I get the same message saying "DSi binaries are missing." I can play the game, but the AP Code prevents my Pokemon from gaining experience.
I've made sure I have the most up to date version of Twilight Menu ++, but it still won't work. How do I fix this?

Magance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find them?

Also, I've attempted to Ap Patch it using Retrogamefans DS- Scene ROM Tool, but when I insert the randomized ROM file, it tells me it's "not supported." Is there another way to patch it?

Magance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to look it up and haven't found anything

Edit:
Finally got it! For anyone else experiencing similar issues, by following the step-by-step guide below, I was able to get my Pokemon White randomizer working perfectly.

1) Get TwilightMenu++ on 3DS
2) Obtain Pokemon game DS file
3) Manually AP patch the game (I used retrogamefans ds-scene tool)
4) Run the AP patched version of the game through the Pokemon Universal Randomizer tool
5) Run the game on TwilightMenu++ and it should work completely fine Tested this on Black/White and Black2

Credit to @flarelink for the wonderful guide!

I would add one more note, however: a how-to video told me to dump the game from its cartridge in the .trim.nds format. But this is wrong, at least in this instance. You have to dump it in the regular .nds format, or else the DS-Scene Tool will not recognize the game, and therefore cannot patch it.

I still don't know how to get a clean ROM with DSi binaries intact, but the game is working perfectly fine in DS mode, and that's all I care about.

Last edited by Magance,
Reactions: gelderm

Blue08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a CFW 3DS that I'm using to play Pokemon White 2, when I boot up the game (using NDS Forwarder / NDS Bootstrap) it gives me a screen that says "The DSi binaries are missing. Please obtain a clean ROM to replace the current one. Press A to proceed to run in DS mode." but when I press A the game runs fine and I haven't encountered any issues (and I have AP patched it). Is this an issue I should be concerned about? From what I can tell DS Mode is different that DSi mode, but I'm not sure what the difference is or if this would be a problem for me in the long run.
hey man, I ran into the same issue. Have you found a way to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1