Homebrew Pokemon Vega VC injection?

somenameabc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with this one in particular. Everything else works, even other Pokemon hacks. It shows everything up to when the title should appear, then goes black.

somenameabc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this issue as well. It works in emulators, but not on anything that behaves like native GBA hardware (stuff like the Revo K101 Plus, or the 3DS' AGB_FIRM).
That's what I've found out. It could be something with the title itself, but I don't know how to change it myself to test.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I've found out. It could be something with the title itself, but I don't know how to change it myself to test.
My guess is that the hack relies on something emulator-specific, some kind of extra function that doesn't exist on native hardware (or VMs that mimic native hardware, etc.). Beyond that, I have no clue.

somenameabc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the hack relies on something emulator-specific, some kind of extra function that doesn't exist on native hardware (or VMs that mimic native hardware, etc.). Beyond that, I have no clue.
It works when injected on the Wii U. I wouldn't mind that much if there was a 3ds GBA emulator that was full screen.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's what I suspected. Couldn't someone modify the AGB_firm to make it work? This is just speculation.
It would probably be easier to mod the game itself to work on real hardware. Doing that would require reverse engineering the hack though, and find out what's preventing it from working. It might be something simple that could be fixed in a few minutes once you find out where the problem is, or the whole hack might be littered with bad code that will never run on real hardware which would make it pretty much unfixable.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Another99

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello, in advance, I apologize for my bad English. I know that it has been years since this was published, but while looking for a solution to this problem, I realized that Pokemon Vega was made based on version 1.0 of Fire Red and the roms that are available. They find Vega in English that is on the Internet, they use version 1.1, which causes said black screen. The solution is to apply the Pokémon Vega General patch with the English translation on a clean Fire Red ROM 1.0. That worked for me and it works for me. my old 3ds
Post automatically merged:

Hello, in advance, I apologize for my bad English. I know that it has been years since this was published, but while looking for a solution to this problem, I realized that Pokemon Vega was made based on version 1.0 of Fire Red and the roms that are available. They find Vega in English that is on the Internet, they use version 1.1, which causes said black screen. The solution is to apply the Pokémon Vega General patch with the English translation on a clean Fire Red ROM 1.0. That worked for me and it works for me. my old 3ds

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: