ROM Hack Pokemon US/UM: No Version Exclusivity for Legendaries?

Insuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have Pokemon Ultra Moon on digital download on my 3DS. I was wondering whether there was a patch or mod that allows me to access all legendary Pokemon from the Ultra Warp Ride minigame, ignoring version exclusivity?

For example, allowing me to find a Dialga or Groudon (Normally in Ultra Sun) through a wormhole in Ultra Moon?

TL;DR: Is there a patch or mod that allows me to encounter legendary Pokemon without regard as to whether I got USun or UMoon?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can always just get the other version from FreeShop, import your save there, catch everything, import back like everyone is doing:P Besides that, you can instead extract the romfs of the other version and apply it as a patch using layered FS. That can make UM be exactly like US while the patch is active, then when done, disable the patch and it will be back to normal. First method is highly advised though as it creates 100% legit mons that won't be flagged by stuff like Pokebank or online.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can always just get the other version from FreeShop, import your save there, catch everything, import back like everyone is doing:P Besides that, you can instead extract the romfs of the other version and apply it as a patch using layered FS. That can make UM be exactly like US while the patch is active, then when done, disable the patch and it will be back to normal. First method is highly advised though as it creates 100% legit mons that won't be flagged by stuff like Pokebank or online.
you can't do that for pm has version sepecific event flag, such as sola/luna and brickstack/phatomclown.

Reactions: Hopalongtom

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you can't do that for pm has version sepecific event flag, such as sola/luna and brickstack/phatomclown.
I assume you are talking about the second method as the first one works fine... Aren't the flags under romfs? If they are, patching should work... perhaps it needs some tweaking though

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assume you are talking about the second method as the first one works fine... Aren't the flags under romfs? If they are, patching should work... perhaps it needs some tweaking though
if you pass the event... you can't re-experience it again with simply import the another version...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if you pass the event... you can't re-experience it again with simply import the another version...
I'm pretty sure the flags are individual for each legendary. You can change the flags with PKHeX for example and it has each of them separately and save importing between versions DOES work and allows you to encounter everything... I did it, didn't uncheck any flags at all, and now if I load up my save on PKHeX, it has all flags active for both versions (activated all legendary flags)...

Reactions: Hundder

Insuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Interesting... for the first method, won't there be inconsistencies or any other issues from importing saves meant for different versions of the game? The saves are really any-version compatible? Also, I haven't exactly finished the game, I'm right before the final grand trial. Any issues if I import?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Interesting... for the first method, won't there be inconsistencies or any other issues from importing saves meant for different versions of the game? The saves are really any-version compatible? Also, I haven't exactly finished the game, I'm right before the final grand trial. Any issues if I import?
The saves are 100% interchangeable between versions, it's been like that since XY, not consequences, BUT it's advised to use PKHeX to uncheck the flags you normally wouldn't have activated in your game (eg: the flags for the legendaries of the other version) just to minimize the risk of getting flagged, although I highly doubt it's even part of what is sent when connecting online:P Anyway, importing the save simply makes it as if you had reached that point in the game you imported it to, even if it comes from the other version, so don't worry.

Reactions: Insuz

Insuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saves are 100% interchangeable between versions, it's been like that since XY, not consequences, BUT it's advised to use PKHeX to uncheck the flags you normally wouldn't have activated in your game (eg: the flags for the legendaries of the other version) just to minimize the risk of getting flagged, although I highly doubt it's even part of what is sent when connecting online:P Anyway, importing the save simply makes it as if you had reached that point in the game you imported it to, even if it comes from the other version, so don't worry.

Wow, that's pretty cool. And I don't really plan to play online so I suppose I can skip the flag manipulation.

Luckily one of my friends already finished his physical copy of Ultra Sun, so that sounds like a plan! Thanks for the help!

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How i can import my game?!

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How i can import my game?!

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk
Import the save? Checkpoint or JKSM both work fine, backup the save, change the folder to match the other game's title/ID, import there. When you want to import back, do the reverse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.