Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So to no shock to anyone, Nintendo had to go and poop poo all over our fun and send multiple takedown notices to the creators of Pokemon Uranium.
downloadstatement.png

After receiving more than 1,500,000 downloads of our game, we have been notified of multiple takedown notices from lawyers representing Nintendo of America.
While we have not personally been contacted, it’s clear what their wishes are,
and we respect those wishes deeply.
Therefore, we will no longer provide official download links for the game through our website.
We have no connection to fans who reupload the game files to their own hosts, and we cannot verify that those download links are all legitimate. We advise you to be extremely cautious about downloading the game from unofficial sources.

We are blown away by the response this game has received, and we thank you all so much for your outstanding support.
We will continue to provide Pokémon Uranium-related news and updates through our official channels.

You are welcome to continue discussing and sharing content related to the game on our forums and Discord, where there is a very active community.

Thank you for reading, and let’s share the love of Pokémon!
Source

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOD DAMN MOTHER- *censor for while* WHY NINTENDO?! WHY?! First AM2R, now this. Why Nintendo always ruined the moment?!

D

Deleted User

It's a sad story but the most important thing is that i can still play "backups" on the 3ds and the wii u and they didn't release wii u update yet. Can't wait for pokemon sun and moon.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyone surprised by this............anyone at all?
Only that Nintendo isn't C&D-ing the devs. They only target file-hosting websites that host the files, meaning that we can still Keep Circulating The Tapes (TvTropes addiction warning!). It seems that Nintendo is basically saying: "Go on ahead, but don't release it on a file-hosting website, because we will then be forced to take it down". Which is still shitty, but not nearly as bad.

Reactions: Deleted User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Considering Nintendo's long history of abusing the legal system, I am more shocked that it took this long.
tbh its pretty much every big corp have their pack of hyena lawyers on the payroll looking to send C&D letters so they can bill nintendo for a job well done protecting their IP from those evil fans

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is why i turned to sony. i will never stream nintendo stuff for long has i live.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I downloaded the game the day it was released :P
Even though I don't plan on playing it anytime soon, it's good to know I have an official copy of the game in case I ever do feel like playing it.

D

Deleted User

Woah! I totally didn't see that coming! :^)
It's a good thing people are mirroring it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Weeee I was going to download that soon but I never could be bothered.
Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi