ROM Hack [Pokemon UM/US] .bscar File Opener?

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while roaming the games 'sound' folder I found that every single file in that location is a .dspadpcm file, BUT one file in the folder is a .bscar file:

upload_2018-1-3_21-35-27.png

My thoughts are that this file most likely contains the Pokemon cries, due to it's very large size. The thing is I have no idea how to open this file in order to see what it contains. I have tried using Ohana3DS which failed to open it, then I tried using PK3DS's decompresser (all of them) and that failed also. The bottom line is, what tool can I use to open this file?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think niji_sound might only be sound effects and information on sound effects and music tracks. the cries are in garc file a/0/7/3. but what you would do is make a simple script to scan through the file checking 4 bytes at a time for the "CWAV" magic, then form their find the end with like a file size or something in the CWAV's header and then just dump that part of the file, then continue.

Reactions: rusyaas

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think niji_sound might only be sound effects and information on sound effects and music tracks. the cries are in garc file a/0/7/3. but what you would do is make a simple script to scan through the file checking 4 bytes at a time for the "CWAV" magic, then form their find the end with like a file size or something in the CWAV's header and then just dump that part of the file, then continue.
Ok then I under stand. I just unpack a/0/7/3 and Im not finding the cries just bin files I can't open :I

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 1kb files are CSEQ, they contain data about how to play the cry, the larger files are CWAR they contain the CWAV file in them, which is the cry itself.
Do you know a list of the files with pokemon's cries? Also, would I have to extract them in Ohana3DS to get the sound file?

rusyaas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow been wondering where the cries were. tq

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: