ROM Hack WIP Pokemon Ultra Sword lol

Ariavederci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So, just a small mod I made to make Sword a little bit more interesting. If someone wants a Shield version I can make that too.

- List of Changes -
  • More Pokemon Variety: Added about two to three Pokemon to every route and cave for better team building early in the game. Also added Shield exclusives and modified some encounter rates.
  • Catch-able Starter Pokemon: Both Kanto and Alola starters can be found in the wild area. Charmander can be caught on Route 2, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in Rolling Fields (only in some weather). All Alolan starters can be caught at the start of the Isle of Armor DLC (Fields of Honor).
  • Legendaries: All trade exclusive legendaries can be caught at the Lake of Outrage and Honeycalm Island with a 1% Encounter Rate. The legendary that can be caught will depend on the weather and only spawn in the overworld (No random grass encounters).
  • Harder difficulty: Exp. Gain is reduced to 60% (keeps you at equal level with random Trainers and about 1 to 2 levels below Gym Leader's Pokemon. Requires a little grind but raid battles are a thing). All Trainers + Gym Leaders have better AI. Trainer and Gym Pokemon remain unchanged.
  • Alternative Evolutions for Trade Pokemon: Pokemon that needed to be traded can now be evolved using other methods. The conditions are based on Dio Ventos' romhacks.
To install, just place the folder in your SD card in atmosphere/contents/

(I'll update the post with details on added pokemon, legendary encounters and alternative evolutions)
(Also will probably bump up the encounter rate for legendaries a bit loool?)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 0100ABF008968000.rar
    870.6 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by Ariavederci,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Title reminds me of this:
latest

C0PYR1GHT 1NFR1NG3M3NT RE3EEE3E333E33EE

Okay, meme over. lol

Seriously, once I get an SX Lite, I might give this a try. Nice work!

Reactions: Kanakops

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like a mod that lets me speed run 1 hit kill everything and bypass any grind. Bypass all the side quest crap and give me all the pokemon max level as soon as i catch them. Im an adult with no time to sit at a game for more than a hr at a time.

Ariavederci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like a mod that lets me speed run 1 hit kill everything and bypass any grind. Bypass all the side quest crap and give me all the pokemon max level as soon as i catch them. Im an adult with no time to sit at a game for more than a hr at a time.
okboomer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Title reminds me of this:
latest

C0PYR1GHT 1NFR1NG3M3NT RE3EEE3E333E33EE

Okay, meme over. lol

Seriously, once I get an SX Lite, I might give this a try. Nice work!
lool Hope you can try it out soon! c:

MintxTimes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! This looks real nice! I'm definitely going to try this out!

(If you do make a version for shield, that would be really nice too.)

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sword and Shield definitely need 60 frames per second.

Sword and Shiled is profiteering BOO.
https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-sword-shield-are-locked-at-30-fps/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...armor-review-baby-steps-towards-an-open-world

Its nothing like a AAA game, it's a lame cashgrab thoroughly, fully throughout.
I feel bad for the devs who actually want to make an epic modern Pokémon game.
Pokémon is an abused brand.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh in that case you don't need a mod at all. Sword and Shield were practically made for you!

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I currently have only pokemon shield installed, will this work with it? Or i have to download the sword version?

Does this works with pokemon shield? Or only with sword?
Also any news on the updated methods for trade pokemon?

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm personally not a fan of this approach to the difficulty spike. I understand it is far faster than editing every trainer but I do feel like the challenge should be in the battles not the grind. (Still hoping that Item location/Wild Area hidden item manip is added to pkNX at some point.)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sword and Shield definitely need 60 frames per second.

Sword and Shiled is profiteering BOO.
https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-sword-shield-are-locked-at-30-fps/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...armor-review-baby-steps-towards-an-open-world

Its nothing like a AAA game, it's a lame cashgrab thoroughly, fully throughout.
I feel bad for the devs who actually want to make an epic modern Pokémon game.
Pokémon is an abused brand.
Locked at 30 FPS my ass. It doesn't even manage 30 a lot of the time. And still it looks like an upres'd 3DS game. Game Freak need to get their shit together or employ someone who can actually make a decent 3D engine. There is just no excuse for it running so poorly when Super Mario Odyssey and many other games both look and run way better.
RPGs are not for you then.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locked at 30 FPS my ass. It doesn't even manage 30 a lot of the time. And still it looks like an upres'd 3DS game. Game Freak need to get their shit together or employ someone who can actually make a decent 3D engine. There is just no excuse for it running so poorly when Super Mario Odyssey and many other games both look and run way better.

RPGs are not for you then.
At this point no games are for me. Last game i bought was last of us 2. made it 5 minutes before i lost interest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: