ROM Hack Pokemon Ultra Moon pre-load < .CIA leak blackscreen

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am concerned/worried about this black screen issue. I plan to buy physical version of Ultra Sun, then dump to .cia with GodMode9 on release day. Should I be worried about getting black screen error? I used to have A9LH on my N3DS, now have B9S. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am concerned/worried about this black screen issue. I plan to buy physical version of Ultra Sun, then dump to .cia with GodMode9 on release day. Should I be worried about getting black screen error? I used to have A9LH on my N3DS, now have B9S. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
You'll only get the blackscreen if you installed the pre-load before installing your personal dump.

Reactions: Skeet1983

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side question: When I used to use Gateway for games, when dumping them, it would sometimes split game into parts if it was a large size game. How does GodMode9 handle large games? With Pokemon Sun/Moon, I still had Gateway and A9LH. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side question: When I used to use Gateway for games, when dumping them, it would sometimes split game into parts if it was a large size game. How does GodMode9 handle large games? With Pokemon Sun/Moon, I still had Gateway and A9LH. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
Godmode9 dumps them into a full decrypted .cia binary. It won't split the file with small allocated bytes, no. You'll get a full .cia of about 3.4GB when dumping from your cartridge.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I checked SciresM's twitter. But when I went to PkHex link, it gave a page not found error?
Pkhex is still a work in progress and could potentially corrupt your save file. I would wait until there's a stable build. Just be sure to check their Twitters for status updates on the app.

ZestyOranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a shot! Repairing from the eshop as I post this. Wish me luck!
I did the eshop repair and applied the seed but still no luck. I get a black screen that says "an exception occurred" and so on. This is frustrating

edit: whats weird is that I have no preload countdown timer that others seem to have, so I'm not sure what the issue is

Last edited by ZestyOranges,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I do too, but I buy physical copies.
I always buy physical if possible when I do buy console games. I bought a couple of Wii U games digitally and I've regretted it ever since because they take up so much space and I don't have a HDD to dedicate to Wii U games nor do I want to have two HDDs for my Wii U.
Switch games are going to be larger on average and HDDs aren't even an option so I doubt I'll be buying digitally there.
On the 3DS it's not so much of an issue because games are generally small, but it just isn't the same, I prefer the feeling of unboxing a game over the long and boring effort of waiting for a download to finish. Even if I'll never look at the box again after I rip the game out of it and put it in a game holder.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a strange one, I pirate 3DS games digitally, and then buy them physical and leave them factory sealed in their box on a shelf. Continuing to play the pirated copy. But everyone wins; I get the game, the devs get their money.

Moneyrockers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Import the seed at /fbi/seed. When it's done, go to FBI, then to Titles, search for Pokemon Ultra Moon, and then import seed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So it appeared that someone DID have the game earlier than everybody... finally !

She will make my sister happy, she LOVES Pokemon !

hi, Where can i find the SEE file you are referring to? I'm completely new to 2DS. please help.

nemopsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! You fixed my issue. My issue was I got the pre load .tik installed it pre loaded from eshop than once the leak came out I deleted the game. Used tikSweep and installed the leaked .cia, but the game still had the count down :/ only way to launch the game was through FBI it worked. Installing your seed took the "distribution countdown". Now I can launch on the main menu :) thanks for this!

If Ultra Sun leaks to please make this for that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Holiday_Ougi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.