1. Majickhat55

OP Majickhat55 The Red Woman

United States
    Repair the download in eShop, then try again. If you still get it after that, your issue may be caused by something else.

2. ZestyOranges

ZestyOranges Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll give it a shot! Repairing from the eshop as I post this. Wish me luck!

Majickhat55 likes this.
  3. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Hi guys. I am concerned/worried about this black screen issue. I plan to buy physical version of Ultra Sun, then dump to .cia with GodMode9 on release day. Should I be worried about getting black screen error? I used to have A9LH on my N3DS, now have B9S. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

4. Majickhat55

United States
    You'll only get the blackscreen if you installed the pre-load before installing your personal dump.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  5. Skeet1983

United States
    Side question: When I used to use Gateway for games, when dumping them, it would sometimes split game into parts if it was a large size game. How does GodMode9 handle large games? With Pokemon Sun/Moon, I still had Gateway and A9LH. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

6. Majickhat55

United States
    Godmode9 dumps them into a full decrypted .cia binary. It won't split the file with small allocated bytes, no. You'll get a full .cia of about 3.4GB when dumping from your cartridge.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  7. Skeet1983

United States
    Since we are talking about Pokemon, does anyone know if PkHex will be updated for Ultra Sun/Moon?

8. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    I'd be very surprised if it wasn't, pkhex seems to strive to be the standard when it comes to pokemon save editing.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Pkhex is in the process of being updated. Check SciresM's twitter and Kaphotics' twitter for updates.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Nov 8, 2017
    Kvnrdrguez, Skeet1983 and 8BitWonder like this.
  10. Skeet1983

United States
    Hi. I checked SciresM's twitter. But when I went to PkHex link, it gave a page not found error?

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Pkhex is still a work in progress and could potentially corrupt your save file. I would wait until there's a stable build. Just be sure to check their Twitters for status updates on the app.

Skeet1983 likes this.
  12. ZestyOranges

ZestyOranges Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did the eshop repair and applied the seed but still no luck. I get a black screen that says "an exception occurred" and so on. This is frustrating

edit: whats weird is that I have no preload countdown timer that others seem to have, so I'm not sure what the issue is

Last edited by ZestyOranges, Nov 8, 2017
  13. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    I do too, but I buy physical copies.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I do as well. I like the cartridge boxes and having things in physical form.

Majickhat55, Jayro and 8BitWonder like this.
  15. Asia81

Asia81 GBAtemp Guru

France
    Same here, I will continue to play on my cartridge (thanks JKSM) once the collector received.

16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I always buy physical if possible when I do buy console games. I bought a couple of Wii U games digitally and I've regretted it ever since because they take up so much space and I don't have a HDD to dedicate to Wii U games nor do I want to have two HDDs for my Wii U.
    Switch games are going to be larger on average and HDDs aren't even an option so I doubt I'll be buying digitally there.
    On the 3DS it's not so much of an issue because games are generally small, but it just isn't the same, I prefer the feeling of unboxing a game over the long and boring effort of waiting for a download to finish. Even if I'll never look at the box again after I rip the game out of it and put it in a game holder.

Majickhat55, KunoichiZ and Asia81 like this.
  17. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    I'm a strange one, I pirate 3DS games digitally, and then buy them physical and leave them factory sealed in their box on a shelf. Continuing to play the pirated copy. But everyone wins; I get the game, the devs get their money.

18. Moneyrockers

Moneyrockers Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    hi, Where can i find the SEE file you are referring to? I'm completely new to 2DS. please help.

19. nemopsp

nemopsp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you! You fixed my issue. My issue was I got the pre load .tik installed it pre loaded from eshop than once the leak came out I deleted the game. Used tikSweep and installed the leaked .cia, but the game still had the count down :/ only way to launch the game was through FBI it worked. Installing your seed took the "distribution countdown". Now I can launch on the main menu :) thanks for this!

If Ultra Sun leaks to please make this for that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holiday_Ougi likes this.
  20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    I bought plenty even since my 3DS was hacked. I like to support developers of good games and really own the games in physical format.

CallmeBerto likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - blackscreen, Pokemon, Ultra