Pokemon Ultra Moon not booting

fuecocopuffs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues loading this game on my hacked 3ds. With my non hacked 3ds it loads just fine, but with my hacked 3ds it stays on a black screen. Can anyone help me with this please? All of my other games work, cias and cartridges. This is a pokemon um cartridge btw.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues loading this game on my hacked 3ds. With my non hacked 3ds it loads just fine, but with my hacked 3ds it stays on a black screen. Can anyone help me with this please? All of my other games work, cias and cartridges. This is a pokemon um cartridge btw.
The game is the same region as your 3ds?
Your 3ds is not region changed?
Do you have the game update installed?
You don't have any cheats/mods enabled for this game?

fuecocopuffs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is indeed region changed. I got this off of a seller from mercari. It was already region changed, and yes I downloaded the game update. I have not enabled any mods or cheats.
Post automatically merged:

This is a us copy same as the 3ds

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is indeed region changed. I got this off of a seller from mercari. It was already region changed,
In that case you have to do a system format, as extended memory mode gets broken after a region change. so if the previous owner didn't do it already, you can't play any extended memory games without doing so.
One way to check is to install another extended memory game, if it doesn't work then it's indeed the case. After that backup your games, and saves with Checkpoint beforehand, then do the system format.

fuecocopuffs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case you have to do a system format, as extended memory mode gets broken after a region change. so if the previous owner didn't do it already, you can't play any extended memory games without doing so.
One way to check is to install another extended memory game, if it doesn't work then it's indeed the case. After that backup your games, and saves with Checkpoint beforehand, then do the

One way to check is to install another extended memory game, if it doesn't work then it's indeed the case. After that backup your games, and saves with Checkpoint beforehand, then do the system format.
Thank you so much! Would this brick my 3ds though? I wanna make sure it'll be fine? And once I back up everything to checkpoint, all of my cias and everything will still be saved right? I'm pretty anxious to do something like this.
Post automatically merged:

Also my other pokemon games, y and omega ruby both work. Are those considered extended memory?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this brick my 3ds though?
Not it won't.
I wanna make sure it'll be fine? And once I back up everything to checkpoint, all of my cias and everything will still be saved right?
You backup saves with Checkpoint, it has an option to do a batch backup, or if you only have a few, you could do it manually one by one if you want.
As for backing up installed games, you have to do it with GodMode9, read the guide here on how to do it.
Everything else is saved on your sd card, cias (if you didn't delete them after installation), Luma3DS & GodMode9 etc. files..

Again, you could test again with another extended memory games like Super Smash Bros 3ds or others, to make sure it's indeed the case. As it could be something else that's preventing the game from working..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone