Pokémon Tretta Lab for Nintendo 3DS (Japan) Comes With A Giant Tretta Scanner

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first screenshots for the newly announced title, Pokémon Tretta Lab for Nintendo 3DS have been revealed. In addition to that, we have new information about the game. The game has three modes. First is the Tretta Analyzer. This mode shows you the Pokémon from the Tretta puck scanned in, its type and stats. Second is the Type Checker. This allows you to compare two Pokémon and see if the type combination matches up. Third mode is Auto Battle where you scan in two Tretta pucks and it will automatically show them battle. The game, shipping on August 10th, comes with the scanner, a base for 3DS and 3DS XL, and three Pokémon Tretta pucks: Eevee, Mewtwo & Lucario.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/0...ntendo-3ds-comes-with-a-giant-tretta-scanner/
20130508_211427_thumb.jpg
20130508_215452_thumb.jpg
20130508_220133_thumb.jpg
Do want!!!​

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I doubt you'll see the daylight of it over here. It's suppose to be a portable version of the arcade Tretta machine in Japan. :P

well its actually a different type than the Battrio machines, which is the one they should of gone with as they are more popular than the Tretta machines

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its actually a different type than the Battrio machines, which is the one they should of gone with as they are more popular than the Tretta machines

Actually, wouldn't it make more sense to release both, eventually? If Battrio is more popular, why cut into arcade revenues until that's on the way out? This way you maximize cash from both...

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Actually, wouldn't it make more sense to release both, eventually? If Battrio is more popular, why cut into arcade revenues until that's on the way out? This way you maximize cash from both...

there both very different machines

Battrio is by
Takara Tomy/AQ Interactive

Tretta is by
Takara Tomy A.R.T.S./Marvelous AQL

both different companies, Takara Tomy just make the chips and stuff for them
so its like a competition on who's better

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there both very different machines

Battrio is by
Takara Tomy/AQ Interactive

Tretta is by
Takara Tomy A.R.T.S./Marvelous AQL

both different companies, Takara Tomy just make the chips and stuff for them
so its like a competition on who's better

You misunderstand me: I am suggesting they would port both at some point, but it would make more sense, from a business perspective, to port the less popular one first so you don't cannibalize arcade sales* of the more popular machine--it's neither here nor there which company is producing the chips and/or 'publishing' the arcade game, since Pokemon Co,/Nintendo would handle any/all console publishing duties.

*It could also be a contractual issue that Nintendo must give them 'x' months of arcade exclusivity, but either way I think you can take it to the bank that they will port Battrio over at some point, especially since you're saying Battrio is more popular.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
You misunderstand me: I am suggesting they would port both at some point, but it would make more sense, from a business perspective, to port the less popular one first so you don't cannibalize arcade sales* of the more popular machine--it's neither here nor there which company is producing the chips and/or 'publishing' the arcade game, since Pokemon Co,/Nintendo would handle any/all console publishing duties.

*It could also be a contractual issue that Nintendo must give them 'x' months of arcade exclusivity, but either way I think you can take it to the bank that they will port Battrio over at some point, especially since you're saying Battrio is more popular.

I know what you're saying

not sure how battrio would work in this instance, apart from like a Dex and checklist and mini battles

Battrio you also have a save key too

I don't personally see this hitting off as the arcade machines are much better, I guess time will tell.

this won't get a release outside of Japan though sadly

I don't see why they don't develop arcade machines like this overseas. People aren't keen on arcades due to a lot of money and you don't get much for it. But if you put in toys/NFC stuff, you could make a killing as people would pay about £2/$3 a go because they got a cool little figure that's collectable and usable at the games when they comeback.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Neat. That contraption that's hooked up to the 3DS and scans the pucks, is actually a pretty interesting idea. I doubt anywhere other than Japan is going to get it though. Has Battrio even been seen outside of Japan?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of what they are doing with Skylander's Giants. It's basically horrendously overpriced DLC.

Don't get me wrong, though - the guy who first thought this up is a freaking genius in that they are making one billion trillion dollars off of overpriced action figures. NFC tags cost pretty much nothing.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Why did they have to make it so, um, non portable?

They should just have made a small IR device the size of a pokewalker, not this plastic beast of a tumor.

Reactions: Aeter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What GBA game should I play?