Tomy Sakazaki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, little question here, about running GBA Pokémon Games and transfer it's pokémon to the DS games.

Asking this because my googleing sucked and I don't find answers =\

Here's a little scenario that I like to do:
EzFlashV 3 in 1 side:
-Play Pokémon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald (I prefer Emerald, but if there isn't any patch or anything related, I can stick to Sapphire/Ruby)
-Play Pokémon Fire Red/Green Leaf (so I can catch older pokémons).

DS/AKAIO on AK2 side:
- Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with a clean ROM (no translation, or cam, monsters and other hacks) and transfer the creatures from 3 in 1 to AKAIO.

Ok, here are some questions:
- There is any patch to gba games so they don't bother me about RTC battery? Some way to trick the game into "thinking" that there is RTC or to emulate it?
- Will the transfer between GBA game flashed to NOR and the DS version work? Will it need some kind of patching or other setup like hexedit into the GBA or DS rom? If it need, what?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

EDIT (for information sake):
- Well, after searching for another thing about pokémon games, found answers about RTC on Sapphire/Ruby (I always run into the "search something, find another thing" situations) , I can use GBATA to patch the ROM so it can start with a preset counter and run the game with it, I will try using it on Emerald too. But here enters another question: Can I load these patched ROMs to do the Pokémon transfer process to Diamond/Pearl? Or I need to use truly clean ROMs? I cannot test this so fast, because I haven't have any save for Diamond/Pearl after reaching Pal Park and entering it.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
- Will the transfer between GBA game flashed to NOR and the DS version work? Will it need some kind of patching or other setup like hexedit into the GBA or DS rom? If it need, what?
Can't answer any of your other questions, but I do know some guy made a app called pokepatch for the DS game to get pal park migration in diamond/pearl to work with 3in1. Unlocking rare/hidden creatures which is enabled by having a GBA cart, all that is needed is the right GBA game header written to NOR (no patching or anything else, just need to flash the game to NOR and rare creatures you find while exploring should appear.)

Tomy Sakazaki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the topic Logical Thinker, but there are 3 problems:
1 - This is a portuguese site, I was thinking about doing some researches and putting they here in english.
2 - My DS broke yesterday near the LED's, 3 weeks to receive new shell and top LCD screen (that was faulty too) to do the exchange.
3 - I'm trying to use only the 3 in 1 loader implemented into AKAIO, I was thinking to use GBAexploader as last resource.

But thanks anyway, I will try to apply the tutorial after I fix my DS. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father