Gaming Pokemon Trading

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So hi, new around this place but seems like a nice useful community. Well the reason I became a member is that since Gen 6 is comming this las summer I got something of a pokecraze and started playing Emerald in my ezflash iv with the intent on getting all Gen 3 pokemon, fill my dex there and in my legit cart of LeafGreen. Then using the cloning glitch in Emerald duplicate the starters and legendaries to trade them to Diamond and then to White so as to have all those gens with filled dex and ready to transfer if given the chance to X when I get it and have all pokemon (save event ones from X&Y of course).

Of course some would say that using pokesav directly to Gen 4 or 5 would be best option but I prefer doing things the old way only cheating with legendaries like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi. Anyway, I already completed Emerald and I was about to trade with LeafGreen when my problem became present.

I used my SP, original Advance and link cable to trade, booted up both games and went to the pokecenter, went up, talked to the lady there, saved and when I though I could start trading the game just stays in the "Please wait .. .. .. B Button: Cancel" and nothing happens until of course you cancel. So I tried to do it many times and it went nowhere, it just stays in that part. I've tried already taking away the soft reset patch, flashing to NOR and nothing, I just can't make it work.

So I'm asking help to anyone that has traded before the way I intended to do, what can I do? Am I doing something wrong?

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though it has no problem when I'm trading from let's say Yellow to Red? (Those are original cartdriges by the way)

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17714 Fast6191 made multiple GBA link patches for roms. Also, you could backup your Leafgreen sav with a Slot 1 flashcard and trade on VBA. If you do that, make sure your saving type is Flash 128k

EDIT: If you're interested , I could give you my LeafGreen sav. I'm trying to get all the 3rd gen Pokemon on Emerald and LeafGreen, too. It has almost all the Kanto Pokes , a legit 10 ANIV Celebi, and a Coloseeum Bonus disc Jirachi.

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Searinox: My link cable is an official Nintendo GBA Link Cable, it can connect GBA with GBA or GBA with GBC, I will have to try to link with another legit game to see if the link cable is the problem, if it is then maybe buying the wireless option would be the best.

Randall402: Just today I got back to uni so my schedule is a bit crowded but I'll try it during this week to see if it's an IPS patch problem, so far a few minutes ago I tried to do that but when I loaded the rom and got past the start screen it tells me the save file has been deleted because it became corrupted so maybe I did something wrong, I'll try to do as many things as possible until I give up.

Also thanks for the offer I'd be pleased if you shared your .sav file but I want to try first if I can get the link to work if it's alright with you.

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, first patch the roms with the link patches I linked you to you , then, with the EZ Flash Client, don't patch the roms with the default save size it gives you, scroll up on where it says "save size" and make it 128 kbits, not 102k kbits. Doing this will make it so you can use the sav between VBA and The EZ Flash 4 without hex editing it and all that mumbo jumbo Also, in the EZ Client, uncheck the reset patch option, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that can mess up linking

I know changing the save size in EZ Flash Client works , but I'm not sure about the link patches, since I don't have a link cable (I just trade using VBA Link), and I broke the Mini SD adapter that was in my EZ Flash IV

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I've tried to do that but still it says my file was erased because it became corrupted. I still have to try one other patch but so far no luck, even if I change to 128kbits without patching, the save works but still can't make the link work.

Edit: It seems that having used gamesharks in the game and saving could cause problems, I have to test that tomorrow.

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Gameshark codes could have messed it up. I was in 30+ hours in Leafgreen and GS codes messed mine up too. Anyway, if you're gonna use codes, do it in on an emulator, and backup your sav beforehand

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried again starting a new file with the game both IPS patched and ran through the EZclient with the 128kbit save type and without the reset patch and I still can't trade, it just stays there in the "please wait .. .. .." part. Also I used gameshark in an emulator then I created the .sav from there and transfered to the eziv, so I don't think thats the problem, it may be that IPS patching a game that had codes used on it may corrupt it. Anyway I'll keep trying, thanks so much for the help and answers, I'll keep trying a little bit more.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Tried again starting a new file with the game both IPS patched and ran through the EZclient with the 128kbit save type and without the reset patch and I still can't trade, it just stays there in the "please wait .. .. .." part. Also I used gameshark in an emulator then I created the .sav from there and transfered to the eziv, so I don't think thats the problem, it may be that IPS patching a game that had codes used on it may corrupt it. Anyway I'll keep trying, thanks so much for the help and answers, I'll keep trying a little bit more.
Something else to try is to back up your SAV from your EZFlash, then open it up in Enciclopedia Pokemon [sic]. There, you can see EVs, IVs, and basically everything you need to exactly replicate the Pokémon in Gen 4 or 5.

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know, it is akin to using pokesav to create pokemons directly to either D/P/Pl/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 and I think I'll do that for some legendaries of those gens that are event only and are hard to get, but I also want a full dex on my gen III games. It is perhaps OCD but it is something I'd like to do.

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna try this some of this stuff, go ahead

1. Mostly play on VBA Link,and not the Ez Flash 4, because it lets you link (It'll save in sa1 format, just rename to "sav" , and it'll work fine if you put it on other emulators)

2. (You'll have to do this for Celebi!) To get 3rd gen events that are no longer possible to get , go to http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/921905-pokemon-emerald-version/saves, download a sav that has what you need, then use VBA Link to trade them over to your main .sav There's also cheats that will let you get and activate the ridiculous tickets you need for some of the Legendaries

3. If you wanna import/export your .sav to a legit 3rd gen Pokemon game( not a fake, chinese clone) use http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-backup-tool-021-f3228.html (You'll have to have a Slot-1 DS flashcard)

4. Also, make sure you're ALWAYS making the save type and save size FLASH 128K in the emulator ( if you feel like playing on the Ez flash 4, patch the rom with EZ Flash Client, but make the save type and save size are the same as the emulator your using, so you'll easily be able to transport the .sav between each other

These are just some things I do

EDIT: Whenever I complete the national dex on my saves , I'll upload them (Leafgreen and Emerald)

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll try all of those thanks, I'm a bit dissapointed I can't still do it the traditional way but all for the sake of completition. Just a question, when you say Slot-1 DS flashcard do you mean something like an R4? Because that is the only one I have.

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try all of those thanks, I'm a bit dissapointed I can't still do it the traditional way but all for the sake of completition. Just a question, when you say Slot-1 DS flashcard do you mean something like an R4? Because that is the only one I have.

You could do it the original way by linking on the emultor only, then then putting the save you made from an emulator to the EZ Flash 4. Also, when I say slot Slot 1 DS Flashcard, I do mean something like a R4. But to use that homebrew, you'll probably need to DLDI patch it. That's only required if you're flashcard doesn't support auto patching.

kmno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
College been a bitch, so far I haven't tried anything because I haven't had the opportunity but I'll try this weekend if I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1