pokemon sword/shield save edit bans?

imadumbdumb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the experiences people have had with editing their Pokemon Sword and Shield saves on CFW, and what they have or haven't gotten banned for. The primary reason I would want to edit my save is to change my trainer's ID number, but that'll probably be a ban I would imagine because you can't naturally change the ID number.

I haven't been keeping up at all, is nintendo being vigilant with save editing these days? if so, how vigilant?

are bans instant? are there types of bans? how do I know if I've been banned?

Last edited by imadumbdumb,

Dakota_Mars

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've edited pokemon for my own use but I don't go online or trade pokemon. So I'm just on single player and I've been fine.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the experiences people have had with editing their Pokemon Sword and Shield saves on CFW, and what they have or haven't gotten banned for. The primary reason I would want to edit my save is to change my trainer's ID number, but that'll probably be a ban I would imagine because you can't naturally change the ID number.

I haven't been keeping up at all, is nintendo being vigilant with save editing these days? if so, how vigilant?

are bans instant? are there types of bans? how do I know if I've been banned?
Any type of hacking is liable for a ban. As for how quickly they are distributed, it varies immensely from less than a day to more than a year. There are different types of bans. And the easiest way to check if you're banned is by trying to use the eShop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
    I wonder...how would the gaming scene have changed had the Wii (and its bullshit motion controls and criminally neglected Classic Controller) failed?
    Gift
    Microsoft certainly wouldn't have experimented with the Kinect, that's for sure. Would Nintendo have released something like the Wii U early?
    Gift
    That would've had a different name, so as not to tie it to its failed predecessor (something the Wii U dearly wished it has gotten anyway).
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported it. Microsoft would have had something like the Kinect even if the Wii failed.
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Planning to buy a cronus zen to record inputs to negate mundane grinds/farming, anyone have it? How is it?
    Gift
  • E1ite007 @ E1ite007:
    For some reason, some Amazon reviews said it was a scam 'cause it launch there before they made an official launch on their webpage...anyway, according to people, it's good...it was gonna be my first option to buy when I wanted something to farm in games automatically, but then I backed down since tax fees and shipping would have costed me a fortune to Mexico...
    +1
    Gift
  • SaulFabre @ SaulFabre:
    Wii was a great sucess
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Plazorn @ Plazorn:
    It was, it surpassed the PS3 and XBOX 360 sells
    Gift
  • Gift
    SaulFabre @ SaulFabre: yep