Gaming Pokemon Sword Backup - corrupted data, after entering a store in Motostoke

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi all,

I'm playing the NSP of Pokemon sword from a converted XCI. I was wondering if anybody is experiencing the same thing?

So, when I enter one store on the first city Motostoke, the game suddenly close and says the data is corrupted, so I need to have the switch performing corrupted data check, and then I can play the game again. But everytime I try to enter the store, it crash again.

Anybody knows the reason why? it's the left store when going forward to the arena. So I don't know what is that store actually. Is it related with something that require online functionality?

Thanks

Reactions: KHEOPS

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm using fat32. is it possible to have slightly corrupt install? how can I tell? never experienced it before.

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
are you using fat32 or exfat on your sd card? you might actually have a slightly corrupt install

so, based on you said, I uninstall and install another NSP from different source, and now I can enter the battle cafe in motostoke. thanks again for your reply. I always thought a game will simply not run if it's corrupted. not partially like what I experienced. case closed. cheers.

Reactions: nero99

Gonrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any other news about this problem ?
I play at Shield NSP ans Sword XCI to NSP without problem for now ...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens with the official digital versions of both games as well. Doesn’t matter how your sd card is formatted. To prevent this turn off auto save. Beware auto save still triggers under certain instances. When entering raids (offline and online), connecting to mystery gift and when connecting online.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any other news about this problem ?
I play at Shield NSP ans Sword XCI to NSP without problem for now ...
Hacker discovers the cause behind the pokemon sword and shield crashe
https://nintendosoup.com/hacker-discovers-the-cause-behind-the-pokemon-sword-and-shield-crashes/

Nintendo are slow to react, everyone knows, and knows the problems fat32 exfat, homebrew crash problem etc....
So are Nintendo unable to fix their exfat driver? In Japan, live streamers had the crash, it's not a rumor, it's a known fact.

Last edited by x65943, , Reason: Please do not type in all caps and huge don't - it is disruptive
Reactions: Deleted-236924

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

I'm playing the NSP of Pokemon sword from a converted XCI. I was wondering if anybody is experiencing the same thing?

So, when I enter one store on the first city Motostoke, the game suddenly close and says the data is corrupted, so I need to have the switch performing corrupted data check, and then I can play the game again. But everytime I try to enter the store, it crash again.

Anybody knows the reason why? it's the left store when going forward to the arena. So I don't know what is that store actually. Is it related with something that require online functionality?

Thanks
I installed the XCI with Tinfoil and I have no issues entering any of the buildings in that city.
If the XCI was preconverted though you have no way of verifying if the data is valid and not corrupt. The data is normally verified during install but preconverted XCIs will always fail sig checks so they can't be verified.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone