1. James_

James_ just being a Meowstic

United Kingdom
    Ah I guess you're right

2. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That outright sounds like consumerism right there.

3. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Eh, of course it was gonna sell, it's pokeymunz.
    Bet next games are gonna have more cuts, less content and be worse and still sell.
    Good thing we got Digimon, eh. Now if only Monster Rancher could make a comeback too... :v

As for those people that are giving us crap 'cus we're criticizing the games for being shit, it's 'cus we care.
    And we want for these games to be the best they could be, and the shit The Porkemon Company and Game Fucks are pulling is unacceptable, much like a crapton of other triple ay companies do. Rather than improving and getting better, each new game feels like two steps back from the games of a few years ago.
    But whatevs, can't say a "bad" thing towards a Ninty game that they call you a hater and whatnot, I stopped caring.
    The world can burn down for as much as I care now. Cheers.

MushGuy likes this.
  4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Agreed! I quoted a very similar same message along time ago on a thread somewhere and I will “state” and I’m still convinced that the Nintendo Switch will eventually become the best ever selling console.

5. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    that's why i liked those too :P but point is by cutting old pokemon, and putting mainly new pokemon front and center, it feels more like a proper game. makes it feel like a proper new adventure. but a lot of thenother things they did were nice. it's ganefreak so they played it safe, which is dissapointing. but the game is still fun and doesn't feel stale.

x65943 likes this.
  6. James_

James_ just being a Meowstic

United Kingdom
    snort

7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

I don’t get you?

8. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    it's nice and all that some can enjoy something, but that's not the point.
    the point is that a new crowd came along and is enjoying a bastardized version of pokemon, if game freak see results then say good bye to good'ol pokemon as we know and love because the new and shit version will be the only version.

which is a reality and inflates the sales, making my point even more valid.
    also there is people that don't like trading so they buy both games and trade with themselves. why do you think one of the first mods for pokemon rse was a complete pokedex one?

9. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I fail to see how CONSUME PRODUCT makes your point valid
    I think its ridiculous that people spend $60 just for a few other Pokemon. I think we all know it's because of brand obsessions, which is a very common thing in America.
    RSE came out years ago, why use this as an example? And to answer your question modding at that time was just simple AR Codes. A complete pokedex AR code could easily be made so it was. Doesn't really add to your point (I doubt you even know if that was the first mod for RSE)

10. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    may I remind you that my point it that there are people that buy both games and that's it?
    so the reason doesn't really matter, the thing is that it happens, regardless of you believing is ridiculous or not.

rse is a good example in the context of the no trades argument I made there.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  11. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Australia
    I have a feeling that, besides the Pokemon brand itself, the games are floating on all the publicity generated from the DexCut and the reasons cited from Masuda as to why this had to happen. As much as I hated it, I knew Sword and Shield were still going to be successful anyway, so for now Game Freak got their way.

I just hope that players wise up and don't buy their next set of games if Game Freak doesn't change their tune on this Dexit policy of theirs.

DuoForce likes this.
  12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    The Pokemon fanbase has a very low standard for what constitutes a good video game, so I'm not surprised - most will buy just about anything that has the logo on it and they're happy as Larry. Even when they complain, they'll still buy a product they know is sub-par because "you have to support the developers" or "they've put so much love into the game". No, they didn't, it's lazily done and looks like it fell out of a last gen bargain bin. I'm sort of glad that the formerly pristine image of the franchise has some big cracks in it now, I just wish the fans were more outraged by the audio-visual and technical shortcomings of the game and not The Great Pokemon Culling which was a long time coming considering the fact that half of the Pokedex is just trash.

milotic and subtextz like this.
  13. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    You can't be serious- 2020 everyone be thinking about the ps5 - the switch will sell for another 2 years thts about it so can't see it being best selling ever

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Its a shame people saying pokemon fans are basicaly people with low standards and everything with pokemon on it sells anyway.

There are thousadns fo pokemon games counting spinoffs and many never sold well so yeah, branding pokemon on it doesnt make it a garantee at all.

Second while this games are far from being the best they arent the worst pokemon main games, sun/moon and Ultra sun/moon are by far the worst entrys to date even tough they had the full dex.

I just wish the games looked abit better in the overworld department, i mean pokemon colosseum and XD overworld and battles look way better than sw/sd and they were gc games.

Most people that play pokemon only play for the main story, they dont go around transfering pokemons from older gens and such so the dex cut doesnt affect them at all.

15. HylianBran

HylianBran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  16. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And this is why companies can easily butt fuck us :D because of dense people like these. Sigh, -just like hand them your body and money -why don't you?. It also explains the huge backlash it got in japan, -smh these people didn't even think correctly, and didn't actually took their time to look up information about the game correctly, because if they did -they could've saved money, but people wanna be dense. Now, if you're wondering 'what backlash'? Well if you search up on a japanese browser about the game, you will see allot of japanese people upset.

It is utterly disturbing that this happen to be honest...so many delusional, ignorant or whales of fanatics.

Edited

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    MushGuy, subtextz and DuoForce like this.
  17. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States

Pipistrele likes this.
  18. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If they haven't changed their minds now, they never will.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was questioning why people buy two versions of the same game. Not about the sales.
    No it really isn't because it's just a simple AR code that all pokemon games have when they come out.

19. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    The other way around, really- all the ongoing whining indicates that there's a lot of upset fanboys, while remotely reasonable people just play it and say "huh, it's quite fun" (or "could be better, but I'll play something else I guess"). Or, alternatively, just don't buy it at all and move on, like any normal folks do when they don't like something.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    x65943 likes this.
  20. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Granted, it probably only matters a little if your pokemon didn't make it in if you bought this 60$ game for the 15 hour main story.

It matters if you care for the 200 hours of online, breeding and battle tower, that usually used to come after that main story.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

90% of buyers that double dipped, did so for the additional save slot. the ability to start over without losing what they already gained or because there was a sibling hat also wanted to play.

doing it for the exclusives died with the GTS. now buying twice for more saves dies.

Sakitoshi likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, million, biggest