Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dio Vento, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Hylianzero

Hylianzero GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Is there an easy way to tweak 'mart stock? I want to add in the remaining Pokeball types so I can buy them as I go instead of hacking them in.

Other than that, thank you for all of your hard work. I've been playing your hacks since Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire came out and they make Pokemon feel like I always thought it should.

Dio Vento likes this.
  2. Heartcage

Heartcage Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    United States
    Not a bug, that's intended.
    If they were shown in a previous version, that was a bug, and was fixed with 1.0.2 to not show them.

Last edited by Heartcage, Dec 29, 2017
  3. Dysproh

Dysproh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Hey Dio, in the intro cutscene,
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    the logo for the game still says Ultra Sun (haven't checked Penumbra Moon)

Is this a thing that cannot be easily fixed, or is the cutscene rendered in real time with actual images?

4. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    We're still not sure where that texture is stored.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The pokeballs are in Hau'oli and Route 2 center, so you can get them pretty easily.

5. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2011
    Austria
    I found a bug last night with the special event Rockruff.
    Between 5 and 6 o´clock it should evolve to Twilight Lycanrock und Ultra Moon, but this does not happen.
    Outside this timeframe it evolves to it´s Nightform, but in this frame nothing happens. I had to disable the patch to evolve it and than enable it again.

6. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Own Tempo Rockruff evolves using the Dusk Stone in this mod instead of being locked to a 1 hour window.

7. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2011
    Austria
    Oh... I´ve read this a few days ago and forgotten... Damn^^

8. kidisnice87

kidisnice87 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Omg that Octillery trainer is back and still a load of BS. Hate hate hate it, it always manages to get Freeze hax and it's special defense/defense always conveniently rises against the right opponent. Thank god I had Malamar for this run

..oh you did it twice in one route. I hate you lmao

Last edited by kidisnice87, Dec 30, 2017
    Dio Vento likes this.
  9. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    will catching non alola pokemon count towards pokedex progress or not show up at all?

10. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Will not show up at all, because USUM don't have a National Dex.

11. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    can i 100% pokedex without trading on legit and leveled build?

12. Dysproh

Dysproh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    I dont have a capture card so I was going to switch over to citra but this:

```
    Do you intend to use this ROM in the Citra Emulator? [Y/N]Y
    Patching code.bin to remove the outline effect.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Building a 3DS file. Please wait.
    .Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
    Building as decrypted CCI...
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_74_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at ToolkitConsole.Module1.Main()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: NCCH header not found. This can happen if you extracted a CXI and are trying to rebuild a decrypted CCI. Try building as a key-0 encrypted CCI instead. Path of missing header: "C:\Users\[name]\Downloads\Supernova_Sun_Expanded\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH.bin".
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_74_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()<---

Rebuild as .3DS complete! Use Godmode9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    ```
    happens when I try to rebuild as a .3ds

Last edited by Dysproh, Dec 31, 2017
  13. Heartcage

Heartcage Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    United States
    No. The legit and leveled builds use the games' original encounter tables. Even the expanded build doesn't include legendaries that aren't already available.

Last edited by Heartcage, Dec 31, 2017
  14. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like you don't have a properly decrypted base ROM.

15. Eques

Eques Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2017
    Germany
    Can you give a better overview where to get all the Pokémon in expanded build? I don't want to miss a good mon for my Team but I also don't want to search through every Patch of Grass in the game or your txt-file. It would help to have a list of mons available on each island. Would also be good to mention if some requirements have to be reached, like be able to surf or fish. Please I need this fast to start enjoying your Mod!

16. SenelK

SenelK Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    Are traded Pokemon usable? Will they still obey despite the level curve?

17. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    No.
    Soon™

18. kidisnice87

kidisnice87 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Just create an egg and trade it to your save. Or since you're modding anyway, just give them your OT. I'm gonna do this on a replay so I can finally use an Alohan Vulpix, since by time I get to the third island I'm usually too attached to my team to make replacements.

19. Dysproh

Dysproh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Youngster Jimmy talks about his caterpie and then sends out a... wurmple...

20. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    I tried to catch most of these, but of course some slipped through testing. I'll quickpatch the game text to fix this.

21. MrReal

MrReal Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United States
    So that 6IV Ditto wouldn't be able to battle?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice