Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a Pokemon Ultra Sun save and use the drag and drop method, can I continue where I left off. I just want to use it raise Pokemon in the post game legit
Yes, that's what the Legit Build is specifically for!
2a2d3dc788.png

Hey Dio, are the trial mons supposed to be this weak? The Totem Araquanid was high level but the Wishiwashi and Dewpiders along the way were at their default levels
If the Wishiwashi were over Level 20 they'd be Big Wishiwashi so I just left them as babbies.
First I want to thank you for your amazing rom hacks.
When the games got released I started a new game and played 1 hour (fought some trainers and your rival and got to the big town in the first island). I want to install this hack tomorrow (expanded build) and I'm wondering if I can continue the 1 hour save (don't want to repeat those annoying cutscenes) or if it would be better to start a new save?
Definitely better to start a new one.
Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Just FYI, none of this worked for me. I'm using an O3DS - was not related to these modded files as the core game would crash too. I found some suggestions online of modified system titles causing this problem with the new Roselia luma versions. I tried fixing them (I have not actually modified them but tried it anyway - mine is a fairly vanilla 3ds other than a 'clean' b9s mod) and no luck. The only thing that worked was a system restore and to reinstall my various apps from scratch - and reinstall the game and then it would load properly.

So if you get a huge amount of questions about how to fix this black-screen freeze issue or exception crashes (which unfortunately you probably will.. :rofl:), and nothing else seems to be working, system restore is one to try. It's annoying, a little time consuming, but it does solve problems.
I'll link to this post in the troubleshooting section.

Reactions: eugene222

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if people gets banned?
Then they get banned. Note there were zero reports of any sort of ban (from 3ds online or Pokemon specifically) happening as a result of using Rutile Ruby, Star Sapphire, Nova Sun, or Umbra Moon.
Wait why would them being big Wishiwashi be bad? Shouldn't you be nearing level 40 or so by that time? I'm confused.
Mostly just the flavor of the trial, those fights have no real point being challenging since they're just "oh it's a crappy wild pokemon, not the totem"

Chazpelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then they get banned. Note there were zero reports of any sort of ban (from 3ds online or Pokemon specifically) happening as a result of using Rutile Ruby, Star Sapphire, Nova Sun, or Umbra Moon.
i mean like by playing online with a normal ultra sun or ultra moon?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean like by playing online with a normal ultra sun or ultra moon?
Again, no reports of bans happening from RRSS/NSUM users doing that. There shouldn't be desyncs because I haven't changed any moves or species base stats, and I haven't even distributed illegal moves.

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, can anyone tell me if there's a way to unlock all the outfits in the game? I tried using PkHex, but when I unlocked "everything" my game crashed and I had to delete the save. Any ideas?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it recommended to play from the beginning or is it still playable from where you left off.
Play from the beginning.
Also, can anyone tell me if there's a way to unlock all the outfits in the game? I tried using PkHex, but when I unlocked "everything" my game crashed and I had to delete the save. Any ideas?
Outfits are not edited, but I've never had that problem using PKHeX's "unlock all" option with this hack.

Sakiisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey Dio Vento,

We were streaming your romhack last night but had a crash on my friend's Moon version of the game when he attempted to buy items from the 1st mart. He's on an n3ds with NTRCFW latest version. We'll be overwriting the mod files again today to test again but can you imagine what the issue would have been in case it happens again?

broccolol9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dio Vento,

We were streaming your romhack last night but had a crash on my friend's Moon version of the game when he attempted to buy items from the 1st mart. He's on an n3ds with NTRCFW latest version. We'll be overwriting the mod files again today to test again but can you imagine what the issue would have been in case it happens again?
Sorry I can't help your problem, but do you mind linking your stream? I'd love to tune in.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dio Vento,

This is the first FAQ question. Update the Ultra Moon game.

Altohell77

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, when I upgrade to .02 with drag and drop, I do not get the names of the opponent's pokemons that will be released next. I am playing the leveled version and in Spanish language

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to tweak 'mart stock? I want to add in the remaining Pokeball types so I can buy them as I go instead of hacking them in.

Other than that, thank you for all of your hard work. I've been playing your hacks since Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire came out and they make Pokemon feel like I always thought it should.

Reactions: Dio Vento

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when I upgrade to .02 with drag and drop, I do not get the names of the opponent's pokemons that will be released next. I am playing the leveled version and in Spanish language
Not a bug, that's intended.
6mUM27U.gif
Other Features
6mUM27U.gif
  • Switch Mode no longer reveals the incoming Pokémon.
If they were shown in a previous version, that was a bug, and was fixed with 1.0.2 to not show them.

Last edited by Heartcage,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte