Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly Penumbra Moon. But I can wait for half an hour.
Penumbra Moon Lite's up.
I don't understand what the "SOS Slot 1-7" means on the wild encounter tables. I see that Budew on route 3 has 4 slots where it can call in a Roselia, each at 10% - meaning there's a 40% chance for it to call in Roselia right? Because I've been trying to get one and so far it's called in 15 budews in a row. Am I missing something?
The ones nearer the top are rarer. I think it's something like

1%
4%
5%
10%
10%
10%
20%
20%
20%

but the only one i'm certain of is the top one being 1%.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

broccolol9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Penumbra Moon Lite's up.

The ones nearer the top are rarer. I think it's something like

1%
4%
5%
10%
10%
10%
20%
20%
20%

but the only one i'm certain of is the top one being 1%.

Ok that makes a lot more sense. Is there a significance for the percentages then on the document then? Because they seem rather misleading now.

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to combine this hack with the No Outlines patch? Like in your trailer in the OP.
I'm playing Supernova Sun (expanded) and would love to get rid of these outlines..

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that makes a lot more sense. Is there a significance for the percentages then on the document then? Because they seem rather misleading now.
Percentages are for base encounters.
is there a way to combine this hack with the No Outlines patch? Like in your trailer in the OP.
I'm playing Supernova Sun (expanded) and would love to get rid of these outlines..
As it says in the OP:
  • Any Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon code.bin patches for the latest version of Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon will work with the Drag & Drop versions of the mod. If you want to use extra code.bin patches on the .3DS or .CIA versions of the mod, make sure you're using patches designed for Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon v1.0. Do not apply a SaltySD patch to the Drag & Drop package of this mod, it will cause the mod's files to not be loaded. To add additional mods to Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon, place them in the appropriate folder within SD:\luma\titles.

Prof. Eibe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Penumbra Moon Lite's up.
It seems to work!!

I will take a closer look tomorrow and maybe do a clean update of the data but at least for the feather/wing there is the correct new name.
Maybe I will think about better translations, but that is just cosmetic for a bigger update.
Good Night^^

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it says in the OP:
  • Any Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon code.bin patches for the latest version of Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon will work with the Drag & Drop versions of the mod. If you want to use extra code.bin patches on the .3DS or .CIA versions of the mod, make sure you're using patches designed for Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon v1.0. Do not apply a SaltySD patch to the Drag & Drop package of this mod, it will cause the mod's files to not be loaded. To add additional mods to Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon, place them in the appropriate folder within SD:\luma\titles.
Okay, but these are .IPS patches, what folder do I throw them in? (I'm assuming SD:\luma\titles\UtraSun\??
there isn't exactly a guide on doing this AFAIK..

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but these are .IPS patches, what folder do I throw them in? (I'm assuming SD:\luma\titles\UtraSun\??
there isn't exactly a guide on doing this AFAIK..
Oh wow, that thread is formatted terribly. I thought they'd tell you where to put them.
They go in luma/titles/TITLE ID/code.ips.

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that thread is formatted terribly. I thought they'd tell you where to put them.
They go in luma/titles/TITLE ID/code.ips.
it works now, thanks! :yay3ds:
also, please consider adding this info to the OP if you haven't, that other thread is pretty terrible (aside from the resources themselves) :rofl2:

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works now, thanks! :yay3ds:
also, please consider adding this info to the OP if you haven't, that other thread is pretty terrible (aside from the resources themselves) :rofl2:
I don't really want to encourage IPS patch use because some of them cause instability and then people come whine to me when their game crashes. I will personally vouch for
  • No Outlines
  • Faster Movespeed
  • Instant Text
since those are what i used for most of my internal testing to speed through dialogue and backtracking (and I did the testing in Citra, hence the no outlines). Note that Faster Movespeed does break the Machamp puzzles.

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First I want to thank you for your amazing rom hacks.
When the games got released I started a new game and played 1 hour (fought some trainers and your rival and got to the big town in the first island). I want to install this hack tomorrow (expanded build) and I'm wondering if I can continue the 1 hour save (don't want to repeat those annoying cutscenes) or if it would be better to start a new save?

SenelK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2a2d3dc788.png

Hey Dio, are the trial mons supposed to be this weak? The Totem Araquanid was high level but the Wishiwashi and Dewpiders along the way were at their default levels

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a Pokemon Ultra Sun save and use the drag and drop method, can I continue where I left off. I just want to use it raise Pokemon in the post game legit

dogbackwards

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've tried patching my decrypted .3ds ROM following the exact instructions, but the All_In_One.bat patch is giving me an error "Couldn't read ROM. What exactly are you doing?". It then seemingly goes about it's business and says it's successfully patched the file, creates the Extracted_ROM folder, and says "Rebuild as .3DS complete!"... except it never creates the "Modified_ROM.3ds" file in the Extra_Files folder. What exactly am I doing wrong here? I've attached the full command prompt log.

Edit: I've also tried patching with the individual .bat files afterwards and had the same result. Says it worked, but the Modified_ROM.3ds file was never created. Extract_ROM.bat seems to be giving the error "The given source is neither a file nor a directory." and "The extraction process displayed errors."

I'm having the same problem. Can somebody pls help.

Marxman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. Can somebody pls help.

Try different ROMs. The file I was using was not repacked. I tried several different ROM files, both .cia and .3ds, until I found a repacked .3ds ROM that worked.

This hack is great so far, though the difficulty spikes up and down like crazy. Most trainers I'm breezing through, but for example the Trainers School had an Alolan-Grimer and a Togetic that wrecked me for free.

Last edited by Marxman,

Bobblybook

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all your hard work on this!

TROUBLESHOOTING + FAQ
"HELP! I get a black screen or crash dump error when I click Sun/Moon when using the Drag & Drop install method!"
... etc etc

Just FYI, none of this worked for me. I'm using an O3DS - was not related to these modded files as the core game would crash too. I found some suggestions online of modified system titles causing this problem with the new Roselia luma versions. I tried fixing them (I have not actually modified them but tried it anyway - mine is a fairly vanilla 3ds other than a 'clean' b9s mod) and no luck. The only thing that worked was a system restore and to reinstall my various apps from scratch - and reinstall the game and then it would load properly.

So if you get a huge amount of questions about how to fix this black-screen freeze issue or exception crashes (which unfortunately you probably will.. :rofl:), and nothing else seems to be working, system restore is one to try. It's annoying, a little time consuming, but it does solve problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs