1. Dio Vento

OP Dio Vento GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes! If you're paranoid, you could also use JKSM or Checkpoint to keep two save files, or have Ultra Sun be your Vanilla game and install Penumbra Moon into your Ultra Moon.

Civori likes this.
  2. Civori

Civori GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Awesome! Can't wait to try it =D

Dio Vento likes this.
  3. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @Dio Vento I was asking if being on a lower version of luma would conflict with anything. But, I don't believe it would. Anyway, thank you for your good work on this hack!

4. jpmasterflex

jpmasterflex Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awesome...one idea i had was to make some of the hold items restore more hp than usual

5. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    well done!

Dio Vento likes this.
  6. broccolol9

broccolol9 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How would I tell if a pokemon is able to have its HA in the wild? For example I'm hunting a slowpoke right now but am not sure if I can find one with its HA.

Dio Vento likes this.
  7. Dio Vento

United States
    Hidden Abilities can be found during SOS chains greater than 10 calls. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SOS_Battle
    In Ultra SM (and Supernova/Penumbra), there will never be more than one SOS call in a battle unless you use an Adrenaline Orb. Also, you can't get SOS calls until after you've beaten the Normal-Type trial.

Last edited by Dio Vento, Dec 27, 2017
  8. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

United States
    Fuck. Now I wanna add Layered FS to my loader fork. Thanks for the dope rom hack, and congrats on release!

Dio Vento likes this.
  9. Marxman

Marxman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've tried patching my decrypted .3ds ROM following the exact instructions, but the All_In_One.bat patch is giving me an error "Couldn't read ROM. What exactly are you doing?". It then seemingly goes about it's business and says it's successfully patched the file, creates the Extracted_ROM folder, and says "Rebuild as .3DS complete!"... except it never creates the "Modified_ROM.3ds" file in the Extra_Files folder. What exactly am I doing wrong here? I've attached the full command prompt log.

Edit: I've also tried patching with the individual .bat files afterwards and had the same result. Says it worked, but the Modified_ROM.3ds file was never created. Extract_ROM.bat seems to be giving the error "The given source is neither a file nor a directory." and "The extraction process displayed errors."

Attached Files:

Last edited by Marxman, Dec 27, 2017
  10. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    What about some legendary and event pokemon how are we supposed to get those?

11. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Like in the normal game??

12. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    No some are unobtainable or very very hard to get.
    I don't get why this mod has 98% of the pokemon, but hen decided to leave some out?

13. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Yeah, like in the normal game.
    There are no additional legendaries. And in OP it is clearly described why there are no extra.

Heartcage likes this.
  14. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Well cool and all, but not for people who want the 100% pokedex. Since Sumocheat doesnt have this cheat yet either.. unfortunately.
    Which is why? Must have missed that in the text wall.

15. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    He can´t add additional events and he doesn´t want to add them in the high grass.

Heartcage likes this.
  16. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Additional events? it's just a modifier of wild pokemon encounter ? if he was able to do it for 98% of all the pokemon then why not for the ultra rare legendaries and event pokemon?
    not hating, just really want these pokemon.

17. Fello

Fello Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @Dio Vento First of all, thanks for your awesome work. To me, your ROM Hacks are a lot more enjoyable than the original games.

But with this hack I've encountered a problem: Everytime I try to buy something the game freezes and I have to hard reset my 3ds. This happens when I click the "Buy" option. The "Sell" option works just fine. I've tested this for the first two Poké Centers (Hau'oli Outskirts and Hau'oli City Shopping District). I play the Ultra Moon version Expanded Build and I used the Drag & Drop Installation.

Do you have any idea what causes this? I hope you can help me since shops are quite essential in your hacks.

EDIT: Ok, updating Ultra Moon to version 1.1 solved the problem :)

Last edited by Fello, Dec 27, 2017
  18. Prof. Eibe

Prof. Eibe Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    I´m sry he explained it in his Sun/Moon Hack, but I believe it´s the same reason ;)

19. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Thats Lame... The point is not using them but being ABLE to use them.. For online or whatever... if you do desire less challenge.
    Should be up for a players own choice.???

Which means its possible but just intentionally made not so.

Since we already have a number of version of penumbra and supernova.
    Couldn't we just make a new version with 100% pokemon included?

20. Dio Vento

United States
    If you want to use legendaries (besides the million ones that Ultra SM already offer in the late game) on your team, go play someone else's hack. I consider it game-breaking and immersion-breaking, and I value that over people wanting to use legendaries on their team.
    Wild Legendaries in the grass are in the same boat as BST changes, retyping, and Ability changes: Not going to happen in my main design philosophy for ROM hacks.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Supernova, Pokémon, Penumbra