Gaming Pokémon Sun/Moon pre-download now available in JP/AUS

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to know. Though a seed isn't available. does the banner for the game show? I don't think they've shown the game banner yet... :P
gotta wait until someone's pre-purchased and fully downloaded it I guess. the game icon and banner are always encrypted with the original NCCH key (though you probably know this already).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
gotta wait until someone's pre-purchased and fully downloaded it I guess. the game icon and banner are always encrypted with the original NCCH key (though you probably know this already).

Axtually I don't so old NCCH not being part of seed crypto is news to me. :P

Seed crypto I have yet to ever personally deal with so I was not aware which parts of the CXI it covered. I'm guessing it covers .code and romfs. So perhaps we'll finally get a peek at what the banners look like at least. :D

D

Deleted User

Just fyi, the pre-download for Pokémon Sun and Moon is already up in JP and AUS, so probably will be in Europe and the Americas in the following hours.

And yes, that means the title key has been released, however, we still need the seed to decrypt the game, and Nintendo releases the seed on November 18th.
quick question, what is a pre-download? is it like a pre-order but for the eshop?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Axtually I don't. Seed crypto I have yet to ever personally deal with so I was not aware which parts of the CXI it covered. I'm guessing it covers .code and romfs. So perhaps we'll finally get a peek at what the banners look like at least. :D
seed crypto is just another layer, like 7x (0x25). exheader is always encrypted with original NCCH (0x2C), exefs header, icon, and banner are encrypted with original NCCH, but the game code and romfs use whatever encryption is specified (7x, new 3DS 9.3/9.6, seed, etc).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
quick question, what is a pre-download? is it like a pre-order but for the eshop?

Yes it's a pre-order. Only they let you download it so you don't have to wait for it to download on release day. On release day the servers give you the seed key (to the end user it's advertised as an "update") which then allows the console to decrypt the game fully and make it playable.

I personally plan to get a physical copy of the game. I want to actually own the games I buy... :P

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh it wil probs still get dumped early like oras though from the cart and can you still look at the manual i think with out the seed also demo seed got uploaded to aus eshop just after 12 in aus the seed can still be uploaded before the game comes out

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm curious to know. Though a seed isn't available. does the banner for the game show? I don't think they've shown the game banner yet... :P

Unless there isn't a banner. But then again, what part of the CXI does the seed crypto cover?

The seed is used to encrypt the key used to decrypt code.bin and romfs.bin, but the banner is there.
img_20161101_120410_496.jpg

Bigger Link: https://picload.org/image/rdcwldpi/img_20161101_120410_496.jpg

Last edited by Falo,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Unless there isn't a banner. But then again, what part of the CXI does the seed crypto cover?

Here's Pokemon Moon banner and Lunala's chime (not mine, but I installed onto my 3DS too)
https://streamable.com/okch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.