Pokemon Sun/Moon New Nintendo 3DS XL model announced

SunMoon_1.jpg

SunMoon_2.jpg SunMoon_3.jpg
Nintendo has revealed a Pokemon Sun and Moon limited edition New 3DS XL model. The system will be available on Oct. 28 in North America, retailing for 199.99 USD. Pokemon Sun/Moon games will be sold separately.

“This year marks the 20th anniversary of the beloved Pokémon series and people have never been talking about Pokémon more,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Playing Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon on this new Pokémon system is the best way for fans to show their love for this iconic series.”

When the games launch on Nov. 18, fans can also purchase the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Dual Pack, which includes both games, as well as two codes that will unlock 100 Poké Balls each. The Dual Pack will be available at select retailers at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon introduce players to the latest edition of the Pokémon core series. Taking place in the tropical Alola Region composed of numerous islands, the games include many new features to the series, including a new battle system called Battle Royal, powerful new Z-Moves and the ability to ride several different Pokémon with Poké Ride.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if i get this, it would be the first time in over 10 years i bothered to play a pokemon game. Now i wonder if i will like it? After playing blue on that BRICK gameboy, then my dad getting me a green GBC with pokemon gold, and a link cable, since my dad got my brother a Purple GBC with silver and we could play together, then borrowing pokemon sapphire from someone at school, and playing leaf green, i dunno, i slipped up with pokemon. I had more enjoying time watching the crappy 4kids anime dub.

It just reminds me of dragon quest monsters where you do much of the same thing but differently. I would be surprised if that company spike chunsoft was actually involved in some pokemon games (NOT ANY SPIN OFF TITLES) But seriously one of the most popular JRPG that even kids can play, as most JRPG are for like teen and adults. I think the issue of playing pokemon is

1. Main goal is to catch all pokemon in pokedex which has never changed since day one. (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT OVER 600 types)
  2. Completing pokemon league, there is not many goals to complete that would keep someone interested after that.
  3. Possible events are always very limited, mystery events, IRL events. Not like real life tournements exist or any pokemon league or something. (Just ideas)
  4. No extra content. While i'm not a fan of Paying for dlc, Pokemon games can really benefit for it with extra story or events that offer great rewards. Or even just free updates for stuff.
  5. Most of the focus for this game is multiplayer. You can't get all pokemon alone, and i think that is why all games are always presented in pairs like this, another reason is difficulty but not much to explain here at the moment.
So for someone who may have no friends, is not really the accessible game, yes it has single player things but after is done there isn't much else to do alone. I just wonder if this may be changed for some people. :unsure:

Reactions: Wolfy

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I would probably get it if the sizes of Solgaleo and Lunala were a bit more balanced, the way Lunala covers more space than Solgaleo (sort of ironic cause the sun is bigger than the moon.. get it, it covers more SPACE.. well i found it funny ok..) triggers my ocd more than I'd like it to.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Main goal is to catch all pokemon in pokedex which has never changed since day one. (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT OVER 600 types)
My Pokemon Omega Ruby has the dex completed with 720 pokemans.
It's possible, it just takes dedication.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Face plates with that design on them would interest me more than a whole new n3DS XL model, the XL is too big for my small hands.
^this

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And time. I'm currently in the Hoenn section of the dex, but all the trades and requests I did has led my OR to finish the national dex and get a shiny charm. I'm trying to make a living dex, with new games coming out, the need to speed up is apparent.

Anyways, this bit of news made me happy, eager for a pre-order. Maybe the Pikachu model that will come out in Japan will come out much later for the USA.

Reactions: Seriel

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
How did you do it?
I mean, it's not too terribly hard. I've done the same. Wonder trading gets a lot done. Lots of grinding levels for newer Pokemon. Then using PokeBank to move over Pokemon from older gens, like going from Ruby>Platinum>Black>X>Omega Ruby. That fills in a lot of slots.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trading, and playing other entries in the series and transferring the Pokemon to your game help.
I mean, it's not too terribly hard. I've done the same. Wonder trading gets a lot done. Lots of grinding levels for newer Pokemon. Then using PokeBank to move over Pokemon from older gens, like going from Ruby>Platinum>Black>X>Omega Ruby. That fills in a lot of slots.
That was my point.
So for someone who may have no friends, is not really the accessible game, yes it has single player things but after is done there isn't much else to do alone. I just wonder if this may be changed for some people. Most of the focus for this game is multiplayer. You can't get all pokemon alone, and i think that is why all games are always presented in pairs like this, another reason is difficulty but not much to explain here at the moment.

I said for someone who doesn't have friends or does not prioritize multiplayer functions that would not be possible. Plus describing the process is also my point. Instead of having all the pokemon in one game, and able to be gotten without the mentioned things like... Wonder trading, Lots of grinding levels for newer Pokemon. Then using PokeBank to move over Pokemon from older gens, like going from Ruby>Platinum>Black>X>Omega Ruby.

• The heck is wonder trade? Does it require online acces or some event? Not a single player function, dismissed.
  • Level up to evolve pokemon, is not so bad but still, there should be pokemon to just catch. Let it slide.
  • Pokebank? SO you must pay for this huh? Online cloud storage for pokemon, cause the game has limits? Well why does it have to be paid to use? Also from Ruby> platinum> Black> X> Omega? So you must buy every pokemon game and have been doing this process for some years, needing a DS lite to transfer GBA game data to NDS game, then 3Ds to transfer NDS game data to 3DS game, and use pokemon bank? Plus it requires online paid services.
Tell me where on earth is this considered not tedious or easy? This simply implies you would have to been playing pokemon games for over 10 years and been consistent by buying every one of them. Do not be offended by what i am saying cause is just opinions. I was saying the focus of pokemon is more on multiplayer even though is a single player game which i had hoped change. I would like to play a new pokemon game but worried i may have the same issue is the reason why i stopped. :unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way I have found to complete the dex(working on this now) is to play the old games via emulator then transfer them via pkhex to the next gens. Pkhex has been updated to transfer from gen3 to gen6.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

That was my point.

I said for someone who doesn't have friends or does not prioritize multiplayer functions that would not be possible. Plus describing the process is also my point. Instead of having all the pokemon in one game, and able to be gotten without the mentioned things like... Wonder trading, Lots of grinding levels for newer Pokemon. Then using PokeBank to move over Pokemon from older gens, like going from Ruby>Platinum>Black>X>Omega Ruby.

• The heck is wonder trade? Does it require online acces or some event? Not a single player function, dismissed.
  • Level up to evolve pokemon, is not so bad but still, there should be pokemon to just catch. Let it slide.
  • Pokebank? SO you must pay for this huh? Online cloud storage for pokemon, cause the game has limits? Well why does it have to be paid to use? Also from Ruby> platinum> Black> X> Omega? So you must buy every pokemon game and have been doing this process for some years, needing a DS lite to transfer GBA game data to NDS game, then 3Ds to transfer NDS game data to 3DS game, and use pokemon bank? Plus it requires online paid services.
Tell me where on earth is this considered not tedious or easy? This simply implies you would have to been playing pokemon games for over 10 years and been consistent by buying every one of them. Do not be offended by what i am saying cause is just opinions. I was saying the focus of pokemon is more on multiplayer even though is a single player game which i had hoped change. I would like to play a new pokemon game but worried i may have the same issue is the reason why i stopped. :unsure:
You don't even have to collect every Pokemon if you don't want to, anyways. You can focus on other things instead like breeding/training Pokemon for competitive battles.
Also you don't need to have friends to trade, I trade with strangers all the time. And Wonder Trade is a thing where you trade a Pokemon with a random person, you never know what you're gonna get. I once got a Rayquaza from Wonder Trade.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once got a Rayquaza from Wonder Trade.
You got a super rare pokemon from random trading? O_O :blink:
The pokemon world is a strange place, our world is a strange place. "MASS HISRERIA"

Well enough of that. But seriously i already mentioned that.
  • Completing pokemon league, there is not many goals to complete that would keep someone interested after that.
  • No extra content. Pokemon games can really benefit for it with extra story or events that offer great rewards. Or even just free updates for stuff.

So you play the game, complete pokemon league, that pretty much the end of single player. Unless you just wanna be a pefectionist.... or is the term completionist. You have to deal with multiplayer affairs, such as trading. Even though is random, is still someone trading pokemon.

All i was saying is i hope this game have more single player content or least way for to have possibility of getting more fun of the game alone for people who wish not or are unable to to deal with multiplayer content like trading.:unsure:

Reactions: Deleted User

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool