1. VioletX

VioletX GBAtemp Regular

If Nintendo would see this, they'd laugh their ass off.

proflayton123 likes this.
  2. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Fan

France
    7.20am nothing on french eShop we are fu**** now I will have to go to work then party tonight so, no game today :/

3. GlitchyDavid

GlitchyDavid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

i got the demo now on eshop JP. though it's on a black screen. I can't press anything other than the power button. help

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  4. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Demo does seem short...because it's a demo. I will say right off the bat there's more stuff in it then the ORAS demo. There's 2 or 3 buildings I was able to enter (with ORAS demo, you can't enter any of the buildings in Mossdeap last I recalled).

There's more areas to go to as well. ORAS demo just had you go to a few mirage islands with. I don't recall how many there was. Like 4 or 5 different mirage spots. There wasn't a whole lot to do on said spots either. But Sun/Moon demo lets you try out more things and go to more places. Ride feature can be used, catching mons (don't think that was ever a thing in the ORAS demo) in the catching challenge area (demo doesn't let you keep anything you catch and they take the pokeballs away from you after it's done) can be done. There's the pokefinder thing that it lets you use to snap photos for the first totem challenge thing. Pretty sure how that challenge plays out may be changed a bit in the full game. Areas not in the demo are blocked off by NPCs and you won't have the ability to fly so you are limited to the areas the demo allows you to go to. But overall I say there's definitely more to do in this demo then the ORAS demo.

The only thing I noticed that I didn't like is they seemed to remove D-Pad controls from overworld entirely. So you must use control stick to move around. C-Stick (if you have n3DS/circle pad pro) does nothing in the game as far as I can tell.

Also they seemed to have removed the ability to have your trainer sit on chairs/couches/stools/other furniture. So not happy about that change. Also you now have to press A to entire any structure with a door/gate. Don't have to do this when exiting said structure except the gated areas where you still use A to exit through them.

I'm hoping someone gets some basic save editing tool for the demo. Would like to throw other mons onto my party and break the game in ways gamefreak didn't want. ::P

Minnow and Ryuzaki_MrL like this.
  5. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Canada
    I had this problem too, if you go into the fbi folder, it should be named seed and not seeds (no s at the end) and it worked perfectly after that.

6. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

can some one dump all the models

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG]

7. Puddies

Puddies GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Is this the datamining thread? Or is the information to the dataming of the demo summarized anywhere?

8. Ushiara

Ushiara Member
    Newcomer

China
    Demo available in eur server~

9. iAqua

iAqua

United Kingdom
    You can download it through eshop?

10. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    My new hair is so fabulous :creep:

andyhappypants and Queno138 like this.
  11. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Senegal
    I'm the same color as my ribbons~ :D

Traiver likes this.
  12. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

eh are the shiny pokemon models not sprties in the demo can they be dumped and oped up with a model editor

13. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Senegal
    It was dumped, but the ones publicly available are just image files.

Also, this isn't a shiny forme, but rather the original paintjob in the movie,
    before it lost its coat of paint after the 500 years.

An article (albeit not entirely accurate cause it was before the movie aired, I think):
    http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/06/alternate-colored-magearna-revealed

14. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

is there any thing else hidden in the demo besides new pokemon is it possbile to inject them into the demo like with the oras one but they will have no model

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  15. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Senegal
    GameFreak scrubbed away Dex entries, other models, seemingly other dialogue, movesets, moves, items, locations, typings and names.
    It seems like only these models were left in, and they're possibly the Alolan Dex. (hence why previous generation legendaries (ignoring Zygarde) and starters are notably missing).

Even if you are able to find the offsets to inject them, it'll probably break the game (or it'll just display a bunch of blanks for the Pokemon)

16. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

is the save file format being worked out so you can inject more pokemon into your save instead of having greninja

17. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Senegal
    I'll say give it up.

The demo likely generates the Ash-Greninja per run-through.
    Without knowing where the checksums are at, it's easier to do ram injection (if you know what you're doing)

18. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

have old 3ds though so i don't think that works since extened memory

19. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

United States
    Potential for NTR/Gateshark?

20. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

does not work on old 3ds unless a way can be found to add a cheat system into the cfw it won't work since the game uses more ram and only the firmware i think runs in the backround

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, Server, found