Pokemon Sun/Moon Demo datamine details

sun-moon-169-en.jpg

As we get closer to the release date of the newest entries in the mainline Pokemon series, excitement is hitting a fever-pitch, as fans wonder what new features and creatures Sun and Moon will add. Well, wonder no more, as the notable Pokemon hacker "Kaphotics" has datamined the demo, giving insight to a few interesting things that are included in the game. Spoiler Warning for those who want to go in blind to Sun/Moon, and not have any prior knowledge, as the following will spoil things like the starters final evolutions, shiny Pokemon colors, unannounced Pokemon, and Alolan forms. For those that don't mind spoilers, let's get to it.

Leaked dex: here
  • There are going to be "around 800" Pokemon in the Pokedex now
  • Geodude family line has an Alolan form
  • New attacks, Psychic Terrain, Throat Chop, Aurora Veil
  • There is an item called Electrium Z
  • There are 186 trainer classes in the demo, and 720 attacks
  • There is an Ash-Pikachu form, which dons the classic hat from Ash in the anime

ss+(2016-10-18+at+07.52.50).png

Here are Kaphotic's videos (there are 3 uploaded at the time of writing), where he goes indepth and explains more about what he found in the demo

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See, as much as we want to split the anime away from the game, it's both part of the Pokemon Company.
It is both money making tools for them.

Furthermore, sadly, the gap between anime and games are shrinking.
Anime series are timed to follow game releases. Games even reference anime occurances nowadays (Steven's Metagross, Alain's appearance with Steven etc etc).

At least only Pikachu got changed.
I think if every Pokemon got changed I'll go crazy too (sheer madness)
the crazy is that it wasn'tgoing that way in BW and sudden they turned to this
from " ok, pikachu is the mascot, it gonna be famous wordwide ingame " from PIKACHU IS THE BEST THING EVER LEETS MAKE IT SPECIAL WITH CUTE DUB AND COSPLAY AND STUFF AND MORE STUFFS lol XD
well a lot of things changed when pokemon started to be made together with the localization... some of the ideas of the localization went to the development and this is what we are getting :/

well, I want to translate it XD(to portuguese, of couse) but I have no idea how to get in the texts and graphics ... some advice?:x

Last edited by Sliter,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it says we moved all the way from kanto. For the love of god someone find out kanto is in this game.
do you remind the japanese trailer of the little dubby Shohei that moved from japan to Hawaii ?
Other trailer looks like shown he back on japan when he trained and stuff.... so, who knows XD but probably not on the demo XD

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you remind the japanese trailer of the little dubby Shohei that moved from japan to Hawaii ?
Other trailer looks like shown he back on japan when he trained and stuff.... so, who knows XD but probably not on the demo XD
ooohhh doesn't kanto take place in japan? I'm extremely hype

Reactions: Sliter

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country