1. Jebtrillion

OP Jebtrillion Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This post contains a complete library of models, textures, and animations (for download) of Pokemon: Sun.

This is my first post at gbatemp.net

I've been using this forum to help with Pokemon: Sun model, texture and animation extraction. I have a complete library of Pokemon: Sun's Pokemon models, textures and animations. I was originally extracting them manually but after encountering a glitch in Ohana3DS that did not allow me to batch extract the animations all at once, I downloaded Ohana's current C# source and designed my own version - and fixed the batch export function. I also made an automatic model, texture, and animation extraction function. It creates a new "organized by Pokemon number" 'a' folder and then goes through the folders and files and automatically batch extracts everything one by one. The whole process takes less than 20 minutes. Which is a bit longer than I'd like but it takes that long because you have to load the models, textures, and three animation files - for each Pokemon. Load them into Ohana's renderer buffer, extract, clear, rinse and repeat for 1151 folders and 47500 files... Yeah, that many files... If you did this manually I can't even speculate how long that would take. I did all this because I would like to make my own Pokemon game for fun and since no one has posted a complete database of the files I need, I made my own. It took about two weeks and maybe 50 hours of work. Several hours daily with a couple breaks here and there. A few days to get the 3DS from eBay, Pokemon Sun, etc. $150 bucks. So with all that said, I'd like to share my work with others to save everyone else time and money, if they even have the skills required to extract the contents, reprogram Ohana3DS, etc.

File Preview
    f3.png

Folder 1 - Bulbasaur example
    f4.png

If anyone wants the RAR file with the complete Pokemon: Sun models, textures and animations let me know. Since I am a new member I can't post links yet. However, for now, send me a DM/PM and I'll send you the address. I will also be releasing my PK3DS Asset Extraction Toolkit and my Ohana3DS build within a week's time - on this site as well.

Also, if someone could let me know if it goes against the community guidelines to post extracted game assets then I'll refrain from doing so and I'll find a way to share them in a way that won't violate the community rules.

I will also be doing a Pokemon: Lets Go Eve extraction just like this one. I'm waiting for the animation extraction process to finalize. From what I read a few weeks ago the developer is close to releasing that function. If anyone knows when that will be released let me know. Especially if it is already released.

I'm from the Halomods community way back in the day. That's where I picked up programming for the first time. It's why I started learning code in the first place. That was back in late 2004, early 2005, 15 years ago. The "Halo 2 Golden Era". I was a programing noob at the time. I'm very proud of myself for sticking to programming for all of these years. I've gone full circle as of this post. I'm very proud and nostalgic at this moment. In a way, it's a personal victory. With all of that said; I'm not deluded, I know that none of you care about my little life story, but I wanted to share that with someone who isn't my wife (More often than not, wives and nerdy, intellectual pursuits/hobbies/professions don't really mix well! Hahaha).

-Jebtrillion

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Haleclipse, andyhappypants and Rabbit like this.
  2. Rabbit

Rabbit Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Great Job! Could you send me the RAR file with the complete Pokemon? Thanks a lot

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  3. Jebtrillion

OP Jebtrillion Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sure, I’ll send you a message shorty.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sure, I’ll send you a message with the files shortly.

Rabbit likes this.
  4. jevydecky

jevydecky Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Wow nice. Can I have the RAR file with the complete file too? I'm making a fan game too but failed to extract the files from my own game. I'm doing it with unreal engine and importing from blender. So making all Pokemon from gen 1 to 7 will take forever.
    Not counting the Fakemons. Thank you!

5. lolwhat

lolwhat Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awesome! Can I get get the RAR too? pls.

6. chronicNice

chronicNice Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey Jebtrillion, Can you send me the files, newbie on this forum so I can't PM otherwise I would.

7. Haleclipse

Haleclipse Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is awesome! Can you also send me a rar files? In addition, I want to make a friend with you to discuss other programming techniques. Can I give you a contact?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Animations, (Complete), Textures