Hacking Pokémon Sun and Moon (Non Ultra) unable to transfer to microSD card [Gateway 3DS]

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to copy the ORIGINAL Pokemon Sun and Moon .3DS files onto my 16GB microSD card to stick in my Gateway 3DS...

I get the message, "File Too Large" - The file 'Pokemon Moon.3DS' is too large for the destination file system.

File Information:
Pokemon Moon.3DS
Type: 3DS File
Size: 4.00 GB

There's 16GB worth of space left on the card so room is not an issue.

Wondering what I can do to work around this also GW3D 11.2.0-35U is my current firmware.
I was told after modding it I could update it through the system update function at any time...would it be worth my while to update?
It's been a while since I've messed with my 3DS but I remember I modded it a while back with the help of some very well informed people on this site.
Hopefully, someone can help me.

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay @evandixon the exFAT reformat is working, are there any slowdowns with that format or will the games work just fine? Also, could one of you, @proflayton123 or @evandixon recommend that I update to a higher firmware? I'm always iffy about using the "system update" feature of the 3DS to update but I was told it can be used for such things.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay @evandixon the exFAT reformat is working, are there any slowdowns with that format or will the games work just fine? Also, could one of you, @proflayton123 or @evandixon recommend that I update to a higher firmware? I'm always iffy about using the "system update" feature of the 3DS to update but I was told it can be used for such things.
11.3+ does not work on GW. You will brick if you update using the system update while in GW.

When people say it works they are referring to CFW such as Luma3DS that has proper support for it.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Temptress Cerise I'm almost positive when I last modded my 3DS I had Luma3DS installed along with GM9 is there any way of checking if I have the right criteria to update? I'm trying to find the thread where someone helped me mod the handheld I remember it being very involved, but somehow I got through it.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
@Temptress Cerise I'm almost positive when I last modded my 3DS I had Luma3DS installed along with GM9 is there any way of checking if I have the right criteria to update? I'm trying to find the thread where someone helped me mod the handheld I remember it being very involved, but somehow I got through it.

If you hold select upon boot do you be greeted with a Luma Configuration Menu?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn’t matter. If you want 11.6 even on that setup, you’ll need to selectively upgrade to 11.6 via SysUpgrader. Doing so via System Settingns will brick your EmuNAND on GW.

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that was all I really meant to ask. Sorry for the confusion, yeah I'm not interested in online gaming or anything like that. I will not update then! But thank you @Temptress Cerise for all your help and knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.