ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon custom music mod help

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am having trouble trying to get custom music working for Pokemon Sun and Moon, but I have no idea how to do it right. I have Luma3DS CFW and A9LH installed on my 2DS and N3DS XL currently running Sys 11.2.0-35U. Can someone show me how to properly do it without the hassle? I am planning a stream of the games soon on Twitch. Please help me resolve this. Thanks in advance.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on the same thing. what method will you be using to play it? HANS (or something similar)? or a custom 1.1 update patch? I would recommend option number two, or you will end up loosing the ability to play online.

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the problem?
Convert your musics to .bcstm and replace them in the sound folder of the romfs of the game.

The problem is just not knowing how to set up saltysd. Also, thanks on the music converting part, I'll give it a try and see if it works.

Last edited by CGNetwork,

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
First you need a patch for the game that will run code from a folder (/SaltySD/SunMoon)

What you can do is first convert the music into a *.bcstm file. To do so, you can download YATA+. Make sure that the music you want to convert is a "wav signed 16 bit pcm" file. Also, after converting it, you need to make sure the music has a size smaller or equal to the file you want to replace.

Then, on your sd card, open the "luma" folder and create a new folder called "titles". Download this zip file with the pre-compiled code.bin files for the latest version of each game (V 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia9u3328q68uu33/V1.1_SM_Patches_for_SaltySD.zip. Inside, you should have 2 folders, one named "Outlines" and another named "No Outlines". Select which one you prefer and copy its contents (both folders have the patches for both games).

After that, just make a folder called "SaltySD" on the root of your sd card, and make a folder named "SunMoon" inside. Then, make a folder named "data" inside of it, and and another folder named "sound" inside of the data folder "data". Then, just drag inside the bcstm file with the name of the music you want to replace. (for example, if you want to change the music for random encounters, you have to name it "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm"). To test it out, you can try this music I used to replace the random encounter music: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8q41ushk8jab5o/bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm(the music is called "Veorra - Change").

I hope it works for you. If you are having trouble, just ask!

P.S. You must have the latest version of luma3ds for this to work. Just use the luma updater to check for updates.

Last edited by AntiMach,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to do this without salty? and if there isnt, does salty give out source code? id like to integrate the music part with my custom update patch.

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need a patch for the game that will run code from a folder (/SaltySD/SunMoon)

What you can do is first convert the music into a *.bcstm file. To do so, you can download YATA+. Make sure that the music you want to convert is a "wav signed 16 bit pcm" file. Also, after converting it, you need to make sure the music has a size smaller or equal to the file you want to replace.

Then, on your sd card, open the "luma" folder and create a new folder called "titles". Download this zip file with the pre-compiled code.bin files for the latest version of each game (V 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia9u3328q68uu33/V1.1_SM_Patches_for_SaltySD.zip. Inside, you should have 2 folders, one named "Outlines" and another named "No Outlines". Select which one you prefer and copy its contents (both folders have the patches for both games).

After that, just make a folder called "SaltySD" on the root of your sd card, and make a folder named "SunMoon" inside. Then, make a folder named "data" inside of it, and and another folder named "sound" inside of the data folder "data". Then, just drag inside the bcstm file with the name of the music you want to replace. (for example, if you want to change the music for random encounters, you have to name it "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm"). To test it out, you can try this music I used to replace the random encounter music: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8q41ushk8jab5o/bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm(the music is called "Veorra - Change").

I hope it works for you. If you are having trouble, just ask!

P.S. You must have the latest version of luma3ds for this to work. Just use the luma updater to check for updates.

Thanks. I will give it a try and see if it works, I do have Luma3ds latest nightly build installed from the Luma Updater already.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can load/redirect music from/to the update, yes.
I did it for oras, it should not be hard for SM.

but anyways, you will load the FULL sound folder from the romfs, not just 1 or 2 musics.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but anyways, you will load the FULL sound folder from the romfs, not just 1 or 2 musics.

basically all I want to do is replace regular battle music with the red/blue encounter music.

do you have the source from your oras attempt? might be good as a reference.

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal

Well, I only have one music on that folder
basically all I want to do is replace regular battle music with the red/blue encounter music.

do you have the source from your oras attempt? might be good as a reference.
All you need to do is to place a bcstm of the music you want in the ":/SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" folder. It's not that hard, and you don't need all of the musics. I even compiled the necessary code.bin files to run code from the SaltySD.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I only have one music on that folder

All you need to do is to place a bcstm of the music you want in the ":/SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" folder. It's not that hard, and you don't need all of the musics. I even compiled the necessary code.bin files to run code from the SaltySD.

Thanks but I'm trying to do it without saltySD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended