Gaming Pokemon SS-Catching Red Gyarados?

Krestent

What to post?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way for me to catch the Red Gyarados, since I accidentally KO'd it? Or do I just have to play through the game again in my HG?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You would have to get lucky and fight a shiny Gyarados if you ever come across a wild one. The other options is to use pokesav or trade afaik.

You saved the game after you killed it? :S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a bit off topic but when I tried to catch the Red Gyarados, I didn't even try at all
smile.gif
. It took me about 2 Ultra Balls just to catch it. I used the Ultra Ball to catch it on my second try, went away from my DS, came back from the restroom, and realized that I caught it.
biggrin.gif

Krestent

What to post?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
This may be a bit off topic but when I tried to catch the Red Gyarados, I didn't even try at all
smile.gif
. It took me about 2 Ultra Balls just to catch it. I used the Ultra Ball to catch it on my second try, went away from my DS, came back from the restroom, and realized that I caught it.
biggrin.gif
I had no ultra balls...just some great balls. My Graveler accidentally KO'd it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I can give you mine, but I used him for all water-type HMs. You can still breed a shiny Magikarp with him and train it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
I am r4ymond said:
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
I had no ultra balls...just some great balls. My Graveler accidentally KO'd it.

Oh...Rock moves?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd offer you my Red Gyarados, but he's my primary HM Whore right now. However, I do have a Ditto so no reason why I can't breed you a shiny Magikrap. Will give you a shout when it's done if you agree.

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Is there a way for me to catch the Red Gyarados, since I accidentally KO'd it? Or do I just have to play through the game again in my HG?

I can give you mine, I'll trade it for another Gyarados, need it for HMs

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Blaze163 said:
I'd offer you my Red Gyarados, but he's my primary HM Whore right now. However, I do have a Ditto so no reason why I can't breed you a shiny Magikarp.

Perhaps the fact that there is only a 1/8192 chance of getting a shiny from catching or breeding?

Doesn't matter if the parent is shiny or not. Chances are still the same.

Unless you use wi-fi to clone the shiny, of course...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
Blaze163 said:
I'd offer you my Red Gyarados, but he's my primary HM Whore right now. However, I do have a Ditto so no reason why I can't breed you a shiny Magikarp.

Perhaps the fact that there is only a 1/8192 chance of getting a shiny from catching or breeding?

Really? I used to breed my Shinies all the time in the original Silver, the kids were always shiny too. Have things changed?

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
FlameTakuya said:
Blaze163 said:

Really? I used to breed my Shinies all the time in the original Silver, the kids were always shiny too. Have things changed?

pretty much have changed... are you sure about that? I breeded my shiny Gyarados a lot of times in pokemon silver and didnt get even a single shiny...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Shadow&Light said:
Blaze163 said:
FlameTakuya said:
Blaze163 said:

pretty much have changed... are you sure about that? I bred my shiny Gyarados a lot of times in pokemon silver and didnt get even a single shiny...

Fixed. And the chances of getting a shiny were changed to 1/8192 when the 3rd Gen games came out.

Luichi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im sure in the Jap version, all Legendaries come back after you killed them if you beat the Elite 4. I remember this was the case for Latias and Latios at least

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Luichi said:
Im sure in the Jap version, all Legendaries come back after you killed them if you beat the Elite 4. I remember this was the case for Latias and Latios at least

You can't exactly call the red Gyarados a legendary...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.