Hacking Pokemon SoulSilver Black Screen - R4 Gold Pro

itsArc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

The problem I'm having seems to be sorta common with these ROMs but I couldn't find an applicable fix anywhere. I played Pokemon SoulSilver as a ROM download on a 2020 R4 Gold Card on my DSi XL, without issue for about 79 in game hours. Now, whenever I walk to a new location or load a battle, I get the so called "black screen freeze" where the audio is playing but the whole screen goes black. It also did this for the lower screen when I saved the game. Now sometimes it just loads into a blackscreen off of start. Any ideas or help? I'm not very savvy with ROMs and emulators, so I would be thankful for any help :)

edit: sometimes the game loads up and plays normally, however, whenever i save the file it freezes the lower half of the screen. i can restart the system and pick up from there but i cant save and play like i used to. seems like the same issue?

Last edited by itsArc,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the WOODR4 firmware? And have you applied any AP patches to the ROM, or trimmed the ROM? These details can help us narrow things down for you.

itsArc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried the WOODR4 firmware? And have you applied any AP patches to the ROM, or trimmed the ROM? These details can help us narrow things down for you.
No, I haven't tampered with the ROM or anything like that. No firmware or patches either. Would this WOODR4 help?

itsArc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, if your card supports it, which I bet it would. It has built-in on-the-fly AP patching, as well as many game fixes.
Oh nice, is WOOD an OS or UI of sorts for my R4 card? what files would i have to delete and then install to get it running?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.