Hacking Pokemon Soul Silver: White Screen at Startup

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have Pokemon Soul Silver on my DSTT, and even with the Anti-Piracy patcher AND a trimmed ROM, it gives me nothing but a white screen.

Could the Neo Soul Silver ROM hack be the problem?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It could possibly be the patch that you applied. Check the Game ID to see if it matches the clean one (probably won't) and if it doesn't, I would suggest taking a look at the section for DSTT help in the B/W translation patch in order to fix up your infolib.dat and extinfo.dat.

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
It could possibly be the patch that you applied. Check the Game ID to see if it matches the clean one (probably won't) and if it doesn't, I would suggest taking a look at the section for DSTT help in the B/W translation patch in order to fix up your infolib.dat and extinfo.dat.

I'm seeing two different IDs with the same code (IPGE), which TTMenu tells me is the game code.

So which one do I change?

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave this another crack tonight with a fresh ROM, nope! Still just a white screen.

There's two IPGE game IDs, and I changed both because changing the first one didn't fix it, so...what? Why does it still not work?

D

Deleted-236924

One of my friends has a TTDS, I just updated savlib.dat, extinfo.dat and infolib.dat and everything worked perfectly, including B/W.
Before updating, he was running HG with the regular AP patch and it worked perfectly.

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
One of my friends has a TTDS, I just updated savlib.dat, extinfo.dat and infolib.dat and everything worked perfectly, including B/W.
Before updating, he was running HG with the regular AP patch and it worked perfectly.

This isn't regular HG/SS though, this a ROM hack of SS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol