Pokemon Soul Silver Pokegear Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by summer02, Oct 9, 2009.

Oct 9, 2009
  1. summer02
    OP

Newcomer summer02 Advanced Member

Canada
    hey guys, i have a problem with the pokegear in my soul silver rom. Whenever i try and access it, it just freezes and gives mea black screen. I applied rudolphs anti-piracy patch, then Wataru's v3 patch. (since the v3 patch couldnt save). After all this, it still freezes whenever i touch the pokegear >.

2. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Is it just when you touch Pokegear or any other times? as far as I know the AP doesn't effect it and I would recommend trying a new untrimmed rom and following the patching readme to the letter

3. summer02
    OP

Newcomer summer02 Advanced Member

Canada
    ok, like i started a new game, and when u first get the pokegear, i tried touching it, and it would just freeze up.
    Are you recommending me to get a new Soul Silver ROm instead of the xenophobia one, and patching it with rudolphs fix, then watarus latest patch?

4. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I reccomend you get a NEW Pokemon SS ROM and ONLY apply WataruKun's latest Patch. I did that on my R4 and so far, up to the first gym, there wasn't any freezing, even when I open my PokeGear!