Hacking Pokémon soul silver black screens on twiLight menu++

Supermario92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a randomized version of Pokémon so soul silver, and I can play the game but get random black screens but the music still plays. I don’t know if the ROM is ap patched I am using latest version of twiLight menu++. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Thanks

RusTy7991

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Same issue here using an AP patched rom, with and without cheats. None of my other roms have the same issue so it could be the drm in HGSS but it is different to the symptoms described by others (sprites loading incorrectly, infinite spinning pokeballs in a battle etc.) any suggestions would be awesome :)

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Supermario92 what system do you use? Is it a New 3DS or "old" 3DS?
Last year I played through Heartgold with the original cartridge on a N3DSXL while my son did Soulsilver through TWiLightMenu++ on his N2DSXL, and I can't remember the game freezing or crashing.

RusTy7991

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm using a new 3ds XL and Twilight menu ++. I've heard heart Gold doesn't have as many issues as soul silver though. Wish I started with that one lol I'm 12 hours in

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using a new 3ds XL and Twilight menu ++. I've heard heart Gold doesn't have as many issues as soul silver though. Wish I started with that one lol I'm 12 hours in

Ok so we use the same hardware, that's not the issue then.

12 hours is quite a bit of time, I agree, but for reference it took me 76 hours to do most of the adventure and I haven't sniffed out all of the Pokemons around the map. Maybe I'm a slow player of course!
So it could be worth starting over to see if there are less issues (plus the parts you've already done could be quicker the 2nd time around).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more