MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I have heard one guy post that he used PkHEX to edit his save ceation date to the 18th, as well as the dates of all his pokemon, just to ba safe, but I just didn't know if that was good advice, or an over-precaution. I want to play it online eventually.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I have heard one guy post that he used PkHEX to edit his save ceation date to the 18th, as well as the dates of all his pokemon, just to ba safe, but I just didn't know if that was good advice, or an over-precaution. I want to play it online eventually.
Over-precausion. My Sun save from when the game was leaked works online without issues.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It might be safe to play in Europe, because otherwise people living in Europe with imported consoles and Sun/Moon would appear no different to FreeShop users to the server and would get banned, but so far there haven't been any reports of that.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update us if you get banned for a early start date.

If anyone with the eshop nnid error goes back online with the save from before release gets banned from online please say something.
How will Nintendo know that I didn't just change my 3DS's clock to make my start date earlier?

Silver Evans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone heard of bans for people using the freeshop version? (version 16/32 rather than the leaked version 0)
How do you know what version you got? I just downloaded the Moon version from Free shop a few moments ago. I'm American btw.

I'm in Europe (France) and i played online with the freeshop version yesterday and for the moment i'm not ban at all. Besides, a lot of people in France have already bought the game legitly and go online with it, so i don't think Nintendo will ban everyone of them.
Was that Sun version or Moon?

D

Deleted User

I say wait atleast 2 more days before going online just incase but at the moment,it's safe if the game released in your region.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The situation is very chaotic right now. If I were you, I'd wait for at least another week to see if there's anymore ban, or other new info comes to light. Remember, this is a permanent ban, so by risking it, there's a chance that your 3ds will become an offline brick.

And, WTF with you people and your utmost desire to play online right now instead of waiting for a few days ? What are you afraid of missing out huh ? Trading a few low-level pokemons ? Battling with no good pokemons and no real strategy ? Or maybe do some other online festival activities that don't really affect the game that much ?
Why can't you just enjoy the offline part of the game for now ? Because that literally will take you 30-50 hours. Just be patient. Again, this is a permanent ban. Suck that in.

Reactions: aos10 and NekoMichi

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go woth any copy, even Lirantis' one, it does not matter at all.

As long as the game has been released in your 3ds region, you will not be banned. The ban was only for the people that happened to play the game before the release.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played leaked before release. Didn't change anything, didn't connect online. Connected online just a few minutes ago, no ban.

CIAs install to the system and the header is system-based instead of by cartridge, which is why any CIA installation can play online without a problem, legit or not. If they did ban the original leak header, it will not transfer to your CIA header, so you're fine.

You will only be banned if you were banned already, there's no longer any risk as long as the game region has been released to that country.

TLDR; You can play online as long as you're using a CIA and it's released in your region. I can't comment on Gateway or anything that uses original headers from the cartridge dump. Savegame start dates and caught dates don't matter because you can change your console date configuration to whatever you want.

Last edited by Serfrost,
Reactions: Alex658

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs