Homebrew Pokemon Silver Yellow Black Screen | TWiLightMenu++ (O3DS)

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a thread since I couldn't get help elsewhere here. I'm using TWL v16.1.0 and nds-bootstrap 0.35.1 (nightly ver. 44267f3e)

The game just kinda black screens when I load it up. Yet it works fine on other emulators when I use it on PC, but my computer sucks and those lag tons. I don't think AP patch is an issue (though weirdly enough it does acknowledge and say the game is not patched with an AP after applying the hack to SS), because the game plays as a normal, perfect SoulSilver rom when you create a new save instead of using the premade save provided to start the actual hack itself. But when you plop the save into the save folder and boot up the game, it'll always result in a frozen black screen when you try to load the "Red" file.

Is this a work of a setting I'm not using, or is this just unplayable on TWL for now? lol

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The game is fully playable with twl menu, are you using a previous save with twl menu? And that's what it gives you the error? If so delete that save that could be your problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With a previous save I mean an save from another emulator or something similar

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is fully playable with twl menu, are you using a previous save with twl menu? And that's what it gives you the error? If so delete that save that could be your problem

With a previous save I mean an save from another emulator or something similar

No, it's the save file that the creator literally gives you with the game patch to start off the rom hack. And the game is playable after deletion yeah, but then there's an npc the creator puts there telling you to use the save they made.

Download is at their original Pokemon Silver Yellow thread here on gbatemp, and it has a .sav prepared for you to use. I'm not sure if it's created from another emulator, but it's likely.

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, it's the save file that the creator literally gives you with the game patch to start off the rom hack. And the game is playable after deletion yeah, but then there's an npc the creator puts there telling you to use the save they made.

Download is at their original Pokemon Silver Yellow thread here on gbatemp, and it has a .sav prepared for you to use. I'm not sure if it's created from another emulator, but it's likely.
Why don't you simply use the original rom instead? I think that should work fine unless you want to use that one

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you simply use the original rom instead? I think that should work fine unless you want to use that one

Well to start off, SoulSilver rom itself works just fine, but that's not what I'm trying to play (if this is what you meant anyway)
And secondly, I already have SoulSilver physically so even if I had an issue with a normal rom on TWL I could just play it that way. I'm just trying to play a hacked version of it on my 3DS without the slowness of the emulators on my computer, unless I don't have a choice which is why I made this thread to see if I can have this solved.

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well to start off, SoulSilver rom itself works just fine, but that's not what I'm trying to play (if this is what you meant anyway)
And secondly, I already have SoulSilver physically so even if I had an issue with a normal rom on TWL I could just play it that way. I'm just trying to play a hacked version of it on my 3DS without the slowness of the emulators on my computer, unless I don't have a choice which is why I made this thread to see if I can have this solved.
Oh I see, in that case , I think you should try if you can convert that save to work with twl menu if not just play the original

Try this for converting the save https://projectpokemon.org/home/fil...load&csrfKey=7458d99c49cdfe248d83fdb02ea03414 tell me if it works

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

onlywancanole

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've found a solution after playing around with some things. Fully unpack the AP ROM and hacked ROM into separate folders, ndstool or DSLazy should do well here. Copy the contents of the data folder of the romhack into the AP game's data folder, overwriting everything in the process. This should leave the overlays and arm9.bin, arm7.bin and all the stuff in the AP folder alone.
Reassemble the game with the tool you used above and it should work, been playing the game flawlessly for the past 20ish minutes.

Reactions: Greep

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've found a solution after playing around with some things. Fully unpack the AP ROM and hacked ROM into separate folders, ndstool or DSLazy should do well here. Copy the contents of the data folder of the romhack into the AP game's data folder, overwriting everything in the process. This should leave the overlays and arm9.bin, arm7.bin and all the stuff in the AP folder alone.
Reassemble the game with the tool you used above and it should work, been playing the game flawlessly for the past 20ish minutes.
Oooo. Can you show screenshots of how you did it? I don't have much experience with those apps

Last edited by Greep,

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Idk. I might've done something wrong but that didn't work for me. Congrats on getting yours to work though I guess lol

Greep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump. i just wanna play this thing and i dont want this to be a leftover thread, if anyone can help it'd be appreciated. (sorry about triple post)

Strough1312

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
bro im in the same dead end n cant find the way to put the sav. in the backup folder, idk if there is some kind of same folder just like in the emu, maybe in the luma folder or in god mode idk, i hope somebody can help us

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU