Pokemon Silver/Gold Remakes?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by khan, Oct 21, 2007.

Oct 21, 2007

Pokemon Silver/Gold Remakes? by khan at 3:57 PM (4,605 Views / 0 Likes) 53 replies

1. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I do not know how the authentic the san is, but I personally wanted Silver/Gold remakes using Diamond/Pearl engine.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

src: wiiz.fr

2. JetBlckHrt

Newcomer JetBlckHrt Advanced Member

South Africa
    I've seen this before somewhere, I think its a fake, but I read that it is possible nintendo may be making something like this soon.

I could be wrong, I personally hope its not a fake, cause silver/gold/crystal were my faves from the series

3. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    Actually if I'm not mistaken, all pokemons can be played and traded between all versions now on the DS, the only exception is the Gold/Silver pokemons.

So it would make a lot of sense if Nintendo released a remake, hope they will though, gold/silver was one of the best in the series.

4. KarmaUK

Member KarmaUK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Is there any difference between platforms? [​IMG]

5. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    I'm almost 100% sure that those images are fake. HOWEVER, I'd bet A LOT that there WILL be remakes indeed coming. I wouldn't expect it soon, but I'm sure it WILL happen. And I can't wait for them as I loved those versions the most of the whole Pokemon series. So here's to hoping it'll happen! [​IMG]

6. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    If they remade these, I would be sooo freaking happy, I logged like 250+ hrs on the original Crystal

7. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    What KarmaUK said. Seriously, just give us something NEW for a change.

8. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wouldn't mind personally as I think the Gold/Silver generation was the best out of the current four, however they'll most likely just butcher them like they did with Red/Blue (the Ruby/Sapphire engine has this annoying delay in between battles for one. Not to mention the redone music is awful).

9. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Nintendo made Red/Green remakes because Kanto and Johto Pokémon were unobtainable in Ruby/Sapphire. At DP, only earliers generations' starters and legendery (legendary? lefnskjdf..) Pokémon are not
    obtainable. And those can be transfered with Pal Park. Basicly there is no need for GS

However there lots of Johto reference in DP. It's still possible.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah its an old thing, very fake. If it wasn't I'm sure Nintendo would've said by now.

I'd rather Nintendo just reinvented the game instead of rehashing the same bloody thing over and over again.

11. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    Haha same, i hope they do remake them, it would make sense if they did, as Red (Worldwide), Green (Japan) were remade as FireRed and LeafGreen.

12. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    [​IMG] That picture is really old... and really fake too..

It would be awesome for a G/S remake. But I'm currently playing Pokemon Crystal on my R4DS with Lameboy. G/S/C = My Favorite Series

Everyone should play it on Lameboy as well.. It's a really good substitute! I'm gonna speed through the game after I get done with Chrono Trigger. (Which will probably take ages since I have way too much Schoolwork and a part-time job.)

13. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Johto (Gold) and Johto (Silver) appear as Hometown options in Pokesav. So I agree, it's possible.

14. osirisFIVE

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    It would make me more ecstatic than diamond/pearl did.

I want some Johto on my DS.

15. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Yes there is a option for "Arrived from Johto" which means there will be a game that Includes Johto. I'd prefer it's not a "reinvention" I hate franchise reboots.

16. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Hopefully this is true...cause I've been wanting a Pokemon Silver and Gold remake ever since Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out & sucked.

Silver and Gold are easily the best Pokemon games out of the series.

17. lawliet

Newcomer lawliet Advanced Member

Singapore
    If this is real, I'll be looking forward to it. I loved the second generation games but the thought of playing them now on the emulator totally turns me off. The graphics were... well. I guess we didn't really care a long time ago.

18. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    what about crystal? (that's where i have my non event non action replay mew hehe)

19. Yugge

Member Yugge GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Shiny Gold and Sparkly Silver ey? I guess I'll pass even if they are made (acually, I just wanted to Type Shiny Gold without being OT ;D)

20. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Nintendo might make a remake, but maybe they'll never use that option. Or maybe they'll make a brand new game in which you can go to Johto.