Hacking [???] Pokemon Shuffle & Rumble World

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to know if theres any posibility to edit saves from these games on N3DS?
Dumping the save using SaveDataFiler then edit?

hope someone could identify ways to edit hearts,coins, diamond, level... or even activating flags to own past pokemon shuffle distribution events that are isnt available anymore...

the game progress are just on the save... someone skilled might do the trick...
pokemon X/Y/OR/AS save are editable, pkhex has a lot of features as an editor...
so i think shuffle & rumble world is easier to edit cuz what we just need are hearts, coins, diamond, level or even activating flags to own past pokemon shuffle distribution events...

just want to know your opinion guys... thanks and have a nice day...

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You simply need to delete the secure bit, and install the save using the sdf. Then it will know that it has to use the new savefile. worked for me, for Pokemon shuffle.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To edit jewels, export the save with sdf (Name is 1440 for EU) and change a Byte at offset 0x6A to FF. This will give you 15 jewels and 99999 coins. (Normally this byte should represent the current value of jewels in little endian I believe. I think the values for coins and hearts are somehow hashed across the save, because I couldn't find any.
If you overwrite that Byte with FF you break the hash thus making the value for coins above limits. It will jump back to 99999 when you buy smth from the store or win coins through a fight.)

After editing the file, restore it with sdf and delete the secret value. If it doesn't work, try it after saving and exporting the game again. I'm not sure if the offset for the jewels is static but it worked for me across
3 different devices.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
To edit jewels, export the save with sdf (Name is 1440 for EU) and change a Byte at offset 0x6A to FF. This will give you 15 jewels and 99999 coins. (Normally this byte should represent the current value of jewels in little endian I believe. I think the values for coins and hearts are somehow hashed across the save, because I couldn't find any.
If you overwrite that Byte with FF you break the hash thus making the value for coins above limits. It will jump back to 99999 when you buy smth from the store or win coins through a fight.)

After editing the file, restore it with sdf and delete the secret value. If it doesn't work, try it after saving and exporting the game again. I'm not sure if the offset for the jewels is static but it worked for me across
3 different devices.
Whats the secret value " yoy say to delete? Is that what protects the timestamp on the savegame?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
This edit. Doesn't affect hearts does it? That's the one I'd really like to get to be unlimited, coins and gems make the game too easy, hearts prevent you actually playing the game when they run out. It's less like cheating having unlimited hearts.

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GothicIII said to extract it with Savedatafiler and the Number is 1440 for the Game, thats what i did.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Im sorry the Titleid for Pokemon Shuffle in sdf for EU is 01410 not 1440.
This for secret value:
This game has an anti-Savegame-restore protection. Means everytime you save the game, it stores a new secret value in the NAND of the 3DS and the savegame. This value will be validated when loading the game. If - like you did - you try to restore an old save, it will detect that and will delete the save.

To resolve this issue, reimport your save with savedatafiler and highlight in the User-Tab "01410" (Its the title-id for pokemon shuffle EU) press R+X to delete the secret value. The save should load now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16