Homebrew Pokémon Showdown 3ds CIA Format Port [Devs Needed for this Awesome Project]

Do you Want a Pokémon Showdown Port in CIA format?

• Total voters

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

I am not new to homebrew stuff or technical stuff,
I have arm9loaderhaxed my N3ds a while ago all that stuff, flashed android roms,
installed multiple OSs on multiple computers, and also made some windows Applications
I actually Love Pokémon and also Pokémon Showdown, so I decided that I want to build a
Team of Developers who will work with me on porting the Pokémon Showdown client into CIA
Format, and also Teach me Into homebrew coding and comiling stuff, all thats needed to do it

I have posted something similar ike this on reddit ( https://redd.it/528eq9 ) and I got
a very usefull comment by a user called "EnergyConserved" (Comment Linked here cause he linked some stuff:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/528eq9/pokémon_showdown_cia_format_port/d7i84sk )
He wrote:

"PS! is a complicated piece of software. I'm going to assume in this post that you're talking about the PS!
client, which is the code that runs on your browser when you connect to a given server with it.
In terms of protocol: Showdown's protocol is implemented with websocket. It's not that complicated of a protocol,
uses pipes as a delimiter (and definitely not as arcane as, say, IRC). To my knowledge there is (at time of writing)
no websocket library for the 3DS, but I imagine for a talented enough individual it would not be difficult to write
one, as the spec is pretty clear. As I understand it, ctrulib exposes a partial BSD socket API, which would be helpful
in porting websocket to the 3DS. That would likely be the hardest part—once that's done, I can't imagine the protocol
handling would be too difficult. Multiple alternative clients (most of them chatbots, if you hadn't guessed from the
links) already exist. If you decide to go forward with this project, you can use any of them to get a feel for how
handling PS! protocol is often done."

So please any Developer who wants to participate this Project (and also show me all that 3ds developing stuff, all
whats needed, devkitarm, citrulib, any shell or whatever, Im new to homebrew coding, developing or what ever it is
called, so please comment, and cntact me with PM or Skype (addi33.) I can also make a discord server, so please
anyone, I´d love to make this my 1st Big Software Development, but without a Team this is impossible!

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome ideia. Pokemon showdown is the way to go for quick battels.

Remembers me from the Netbattle times! (The holy setup096.exe)

Reactions: adrifcastr

FloridaBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to have that! This summer my friends and I played a lot of showdown together and I somehow almost always forgot to bring my phone to play with them. They saw that I always brought my 3DS for streetpass and joked around saying stuff like "He dude, can you play Showdown on your 3DS yet"? (They knew i hacked them 3DS).

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does sound interesting and all, but I don't see how it will be playable tbh. Even if it is just the ladder/login portion being handled, you will still have a framerate, and possible disconnecting issues. PS! isn't something designed for platforms outside of a computer, and this can be seen on most non flagship mobile devices (I have seen plenty of people complain about how bad mobile is, and I have done this myself). It will take a lot of work to make something like this usable and not an eyesore. Either way, Part of me would like to see this happen even though I don't have much of a use for it. Good luck!

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
and also made some windows Applications

show me all that 3ds developing stuff, all whats needed, devkitarm, citrulib, any shell or whatever, Im new to homebrew coding, developing or what ever it is
called

Only 2 important bits to take notice of the original post.

OP has zero experience in anything. He's essentially making/begging a homebrew request

Reactions: tommikinder

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

OP has zero experience in anything. He's essentially making/begging a homebrew request
Yeah I was just wondering what exactly he is bringing to the project. Maybe he knows the inside of PS! really thoroughly. Otherwise it would be easier for someone who has the skills to just do it themselves rather than teach the OP anything

Reactions: Kloklopfer

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the browser of the n3ds run pokemon showdown?
Somehow, it succeeded in loading, but I'm getting like 2 fps, and I have to use my finger to scroll (the control stick doesn't scroll, and it's just the bottom screen window for the size)... Less than a minute later I disconnected

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nope i actually want to build a team of devs, which teach me how to compile and code 3ds stuff, cause this is different from coding some android apps and windows tools

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nope i actually want to build a team of devs, which teach me how to compile and code 3ds stuff, cause this is different from coding some android apps and windows tools
If this team of devs wanted to do it, what would you bring to the project that would mean it would be a worthwhile investment spending time teaching you stuff instead of them just doing it and not spending any extra time?

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this team of devs wanted to do it, what would you bring to the project that would mean it would be a worthwhile investment spending time teaching you stuff instead of them just doing it and not spending any extra time?

Do if there are still some nice and friendly people out there, tjen, yeah i would know all that stuff and could make more things by myself in future and I woudn't be that unexpierienced with 3ds coding stuff

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Deleted member 373057,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?